65 | BOLD SUITS YOU

Z    A    Y    N

.    .    .
And all I wanna do
Is to fall in deep
.    .    .

I sat behind my large mahogany desk, the dimly lit room casting shadows almost everywhere. I reached for the crystal decanter on my desk and poured a generous measure of whiskey into a glass, savoring the burn as it cascaded down my throat. The soft glow from the desk lamp illuminated the huge stack of documents before me, each one representing a different facet of my vast empire. It had been a long day, filled with deals, negotiations, and maintaining the delicate balance of power that held my world together.

As I was about to sign the final document, the silence of the room was broken by the sound of Hunter’s foot-steps he placed another envelope on my desk and left. I sighed in exhaustion, this was going to be my seventy eighth envelop of today that I was about to read. I never signed up to sign or read hundreds of documents per day. And an amazing luck of mine that I can’t even escape or ask someone  else to go through these documents. 

My curiosity piqued, as the envelope looked different from others, it wasn’t a formal envelop. I opened the envelope and extracted the papers within. Reading the first line realised it was Kane’s wedding card. And we are supposed to attend his wedding. A smile curved across my lips as I realized this was an opportunity to escape the mundane aspects of my mafia world, even if only for a day.

My mind raced as I considered who to bring along to the event. I wanted to take Ace but I am certain that he won't leave his kid alone. I have never taken Levi anywhere with me ever since I joined the mafia; this could be my chance. I will obviously take Nyx along with me. and some back up.

I summoned my trusted members along with Nyx and Levi in my office. They gathered in my office, the air thick with anticipation.

"Reminding you all that Kane Archer has graciously invited us to his wedding," I announced, "Tomorrow, Hunter, Levi, Nyx and I will be going to his wedding. Ace and Octavio will take care of everything on my behalf. So prepare yourselves"

"Boss, Why do I have to stay in the mansion with him?" Octavio said, slightly glancing at Ace then back at me.

"If you want to come along then you can," I replied.

They dispersed to make the necessary arrangements; I could hear the envious whispered conversations Ace and Octavio shared. Not much later I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in"

Nyx peeked through the narrow opening of the door and hesitated before voicing her concern, "Some of us don't have appropriate clothes for the wedding, so we were thinking to go shopping."

"There's no need for that. I will arrange for someone to bring suitable clothing for all of you." I assured her.

Nyx's eyes widened in disbelief, and she quickly objected, "That's absurd! Whoever you send wouldn't know our preferences. Please, allow us to go ourselves? We promise to be responsible."

"By we I'm assuming you are talking about Levi and you?"

"Levi, me and Octavio and Ace said he and Andrew will be tagging along"

After a brief pause, I said "Very well, I shall accompany you,"

"Why?"

I responded, "Considering the significance of the occasion, it is only fitting that I personally oversee that you and Octavio don't create a scene. Also, I will be responsible for the expenses, so I want to ensure everything is handled appropriately."