7 | DISTRACT ME.

N    Y    X

.   .   .
Self-deprecating, more comfortable in bad situations
Sucker for a little devastation
And this always happens
Panic attacks in paradise
Piña coladas, I'm terrified”
.   .   .

My heart ached when I thought about my family, it's pain felt like a sharp-toothed creature was eating me from the inside. The terrible thoughts of my family getting tortured came rushing to my brain. Zayn said that the Russian mafia would not torture my family because they had no knowledge of those goddamn documents, but I did. But what if they tortured them to learn about the documents from me? Like, blackmail me. They could do anything since they were the Russian mafia. They literally shot them in front of me and I couldn't do anything. I heard them cry in pain, begging the Russians for mercy but the Russians kept torturing them. They enjoyed it when they heard my family's cry. I was an awful daughter. My family would not be tortured by the Russians if I hadn't stolen those documents. I was numb and enraged. I despised myself. I shouldn't have taken the documents in the first place.

My rage was getting the best of me, and I needed to let it out before I did something I would later regret. A punching bag was desperately needed.

❝Here, this might help❞ Levi suggested and gave me a bowl of chocolate ice cream.

I frowned and glared at him ❝I don't want ice cream; I want to punch a punching bag or someone's face❞ I told him while gritting my teeth and earned a chuckle from him. I set the ice cream bowl aside and let out a deep groan.

❝Believe me, it does work❞ He said and gave me a genuine smile.

Before I could protest any further, Ace came and sat beside me. He gave Levi and me an awkward smile and we mirrored the same awkward smile to him. I never had an opportunity to have a proper conversation with Ace but apart from Hunter and Octavio, Ace seemed more of a human with emotions. He actually smiled at me and on the other hand, Octavio kept bickering with me and Hunter kept shooting daggers and threatening me.

❝What's up?❞ Ace asked trying to start a conversation.

Levi looked up and replied ❝Ceiling❞ Ace let out a deep and small laugh while I rolled my eyes.

❝Is something wrong?❞ Ace asked.

I straightened my spine and tilted my head at him ❝It's just that the Russian mafia have my parents, and let's not forget that they have already tortured them and who knows if they torture them again. And here I'm unable to control my anger and I'm desperately trying not to hurt anyone or anything. Besides that, everything is rainbows and unicorns.❞ I replied with a venomous smile making him gulp.

Soon a frown escaped from his mouth ❝Shortcake, we are trying to locate them and like Zayn said Russians wouldn't do anything to them❞ Ace assured me.

My eyebrows knitted in confusion ❝But why is he helping me?❞ I asked, taking a bite of the chocolate ice cream.

❝Because one, the Russian Mafia has murdered many of our men, and two, he knows you'll only help him acquire the documents if he helps you to get your family back.❞ he explained and I slowly nodded my head as I was able to understand what was Zayn's plan.

❝So, he is planning on killing two birds with one stone❞ I said and Ace nodded

❝You are not angry anymore❞ Levi chimed and grinned proudly.

I instantly pulled a fake angry look and said ❝I am still angry❞

❝Sure, you are❞ he laughed.