57 | UNINVITED VISITORS

Z    A    Y    N

My hands were tightly clasped around the steering wheel, and my foot pressed the pedal located on the floor on the far right as hard as I could. There was an ache in my heart that just won't go the fuck away. My eyes concentrated on the empty road but my mind was burning with anger and disappointment. And I'd hold Nyx accountable for it.

“Boss,” Octavio snapped me back to reality. “Ross betrayed us by allying with some of the Russian mafia members who had been spared by us. They are near the port. The Japanese are also there. Looks like they are teaming up against us”

Ross, the head of the drug dealers. He worked under us. And now he decided to betray us. The motherfucker will pay alone with everyone who conspired against us. Russians were always our enemies but I didn’t expect the Japanese to go against us. Neither we messed with their business nor we thought of doing something of that sort.

“Hunter, call the backup, send them the location. I also want all the new recruits ready to face those scums. Get the snipers ready and tell Ace to stay alert. We spared their life once but not anymore. We are going to end these fuckers.” I snapped, slamming my hand against the steering wheel. Our intentions were only to negotiate; the keywords are, ‘ in our way.’ But since our dealer decided to play dirty then he will get exactly what he deserves. This time no lives will be spared. Not even out of pity.

“Boss, we won't be needing backup, the new recruits will be enough” Octavio stated. But we can’t take the Japanese for granted. I had no fear towards the weak dealer or the leftover Russians, I was concerned about the Japanese.

“How do you know that?” Hunter questioned.

“There are barely sixty to eighty men in there, as per the street CCTV” he replied.

“You hacked the street CCTV? I know this is not my place to say this but—boss, you and—” Hunter exclaimed, then he averted his gaze at Octavio, who had two of his MacBooks in his hands “Octavio, you both have to start thinking rationally. Hacking the CCTVs was a risky decision. One wrong move and we are caught! Not that we are scared of them or anything but it would alert them and it might put us into some real shit! Boss, I request you to reduce the pressure that you are putting on the steering wheel before you break it and we end up in a hospital!”

Nyx was right, Hunter was indeed our mother. I mentally slapped myself for thinking about her again. She shouldn't be my concern, we have a much bigger problem to handle. I glanced at my hands, I noticed that my knuckles have turned white due to the pressure. I sighed, loosening my hold on the steering wheel. I need to get my shit slightly together or I'll end up screwing our mission.

“We are about to reach, get ready for the action,” I said when I saw the warning sign saying ‘Stop. Danger ahead’ The danger is not ahead, danger is coming to you filthy bastards. I smirked, pulling my car into the safest place so no one could cause any kind of harm to my car.

“Ready?” I asked both of them, whilst rechecking my guns and knives.

“Yes, Boss” they replied, looking ever-ready. Octavio inspected the area twice, and with this signal, we stepped out of the car.

“Use your brain, before strength,” I said. Even though we were ready, we needed to play smart so we could buy time for our snipers to arrive. Ross, his team, and the Russians were not our main concern. I was worried about the Japanese. We had no idea what they were up to. Plus, the Japanese mafia had a very ruthless style of killing. Well, the thing is they don’t really kill, they torture them to the point where the person begs to die and then they throw them like garbage.