40 | SAVE HIM

N       Y       X

“Through my hardest days and my longest nights
You never left, you stuck by my side
Without you, I don′t think I'd be the same”

The constant sound of chattering, beeping of the electronic machine, and the smell of medicines hinted to me that I was alive. The piercing pain and the burning sensation on my abdomen also hinted to me that I was badly injured. The pain of the gunshot was soul-wrenching but the pain of betrayal was unbearable. My breathing was heavy, so were my eyes, my legs were numb. I didn’t want to open my eyes. I didn’t want to see anyone. Why did he have to do that to me? Was I irritating? If yes, then why did he pretend that he cared for me? Nothing was more painful than the pain of betrayal. After I finally made myself believe that I had to get over my family which I never thought I would but somehow I tried and somewhat I began to leave them behind, why did my life have to behave like a bitch? Why did he have to hurt me? What did I ever do wrong? 

I didn’t open my eyes for a while, but then I thought for how long will I stay like this? He already betrayed me, he already proved me naïve enough to trust a Mobster, I have never trusted someone in my entire life the way I trust him. The only difference  I could understand between a Monster and a Mobster was ‘n’ and ‘b’. that’s all. A Mobster was a Monster with a ‘b’ instead of ‘n’. That’s why there are no good stories about a Monster. That’s why leaders say don’t go near a monster but silly me, I thought this one was different, I thought he was good. 

Gaining enough courage I opened my eyes, but I failed. My eyelids were too heavy. After two or three attempts I opened my eyes.  I heard gasps and the sound of shifting. My eyes fell into a huge elegant chandelier. It was a modern chandelier, with LED lights, it also had crystal prisms and small mirrors. A lump formed in my throat as I felt a sense of tightening in my chest. Something was triggering my emotions. I couldn’t understand what it was but it was making me vulnerable.

“Nyx, oh my god,” Levi said, there were traces of tears in his eyes. Dark circles were formed under his eyes, his hair was messily laid on his head. He looked like a complete mess. “Does it hurt?” he asked, referring to my wound. Without hiding my pain I nodded my head in ‘yes’ as a reply. Seeing him like this didn’t feel good. His eyes convey pain and hurt. 

“Water” I mouthed. 

“Here,” Ace said, passing me a glass of water.  I thanked him and quenched my thirst. 

Shifting comfortably in the bed, my eyes accidentally landed on Zayn. He looked like a mess just like his younger brother. Apart from his dull appearance, his shirt was covered with blood, in a massive amount of blood, even his hands were covered in blood. As I looked at him, I felt as if something was missing in him, something which was replaced by a void. Perhaps he was feeling guilty about the gunshot. I laughed at my thinking, how could a monster even feel guilty? They are not capable of having such feelings. 

Zayn pushed Ace aside and took his place, his hand reached my cheeks but I slapped them away “Don’t you dare touch me” I warned him, shifting away as far as I could but the bed was small. The lump inside my throat was growing second by second. I felt disgusted, hate, betrayed when I saw him and above all, I felt naïve

“Let me explain-” he said, as he tried to hold me but I pushed him away.

“No! Get out of my sight” I cut him off and hissed in pain. My abdomen was in immense pain. Levi placed his hand on my back to comfort me.

“Hear me out just for once” Zayn pleaded. 

I didn’t know where I was, there was no sign of a doctor or any other people except for Levi, Ace and Zayn. After everything that happened at the Lux, he had the audacity to talk to me, to look me into my eyes and ask me to hear him? I wasn’t that naïve. I had learned my lesson very well, I wasn’t going to repeat my mistake. I let him have his control over me once but I wasn’t going to listen to him anymore.