59 | FIRE

(Back to the harbor)

Z A Y N

when the fire's at my feet again
And the vultures all start circling
They're whispering
"You're out of time, " but still, I rise
This is no mistake, no accident"

Sorry not sorry grandfather," I said, massaging my temples "With all due fucking respect, I need to have a chat with a traitor, and you are coming in my way; so if you will excuse me"

"Yo-" Hiroshi opened his mouth to poke his butt into my business again but I had more important shits to deal with. I wasn't in the mood for chit-chats, certainly not with Hiroshi. Plus, as my senses started knocking back to my head, two questions popped up in my brain: how on earth did Ross contact the Japanese? And for what purpose?

Dumb fucking traitor sure has some guts to go against me.

"Ross, I still haven't got the answer to my question" I hissed, cutting off Hiroshi.

"Stop texting for help, nobody is gonna come to rescue you" I snapped at the boy hiding behind Ross, who was busy pressing buttons on his mobile phone.

As the cold breeze blew, the repelling smell of blood blended with the slight smell of sweat began spreading. This is not exactly the real smell of a battlefield. Battlefield is where you'll hear the heart-wrenching sound of bone cracking, agonising screams, and beggings for mercy. People sometimes tend to throw up either because of gut-wrenching pain or the dirty, suffocating sight of dead and injured people. Some with open skulls, some with open intestines. Sometimes people lose control of their bladder and bowels. This is what violence is ugly, stinky, and dangerous.

"He won't answer you. He will not work for you from now on" Hiroshi snapped in his Japanese accent. There it was. He was sold. Things had gotten out of my hands. The Japanese mafia was backing him.

"So what now? You are gonna answer on his behalf? You are gonna be his attorney?" I snapped, scowling at the Japanese.

"Stop disrespecting me or I'll have to put bullets in your head" Hiroshi yelled, pointing his gun at me. Is he for real? I thought. I sighed, shaking my head at this foolishness. He might have control over my drug dealer but this dumb fuck has no fucking control over where he stood. And he was standing inside my territory. The territory that I have built with my blood and sweat.

It takes more than money to claim your territory. To build your empire. I have worked my ass off, even gotten my ass kicked multiple times. From messing with the gangsters, dealers, and mafias to gaining their trust and support. Anyone can kill and have people fear them, but this is not how I became the reaper. I eliminated my enemies and built connections and alliances. Gained power not through my money but through hard work. And if he thinks that he enters into my fucking territory, buys my drug dealer, and points his fucking gun at me and I'll bow down his feel? Then my the supremes bless his unholy soul, poor Hiroshi, he has been badly mistaken.

"What makes you think you can babble all this bullshit and I'll start respecting you?" I snapped. Maybe or maybe not I should have given him a bit of respect because respect goes both ways. And what if this game turns out to be beneficial for me? I would gain quite a command of my international business. Yet again neither he nor anyone of them was worthy of my respect since they first started plotting against me.

"Perhaps a bullet in the leg would do" A Russian yelled, pulling out his gun from his waistband, nevertheless his sudden outburst did him no good. He dropped dead even before he could pull the trigger. The lesson of this dumb stunt is never to attack someone more powerful than you out of aggression; it will only lead to your elimination.