54 | ACE JUNIOR

Z     A      Y     N

I cringed when the smell of Ace's infant came into my nostrils. The smell of their food, poop and everything, the saliva coming out of his mouth like Niagara falls, his cries, I couldn't stand them. Everything about that was getting on my nerves except for the fact that Ace loves his kid. The DNA test results were yet to arrive but the kid was already made a part of our family without any hesitation. The concerning fact was that if the DNA test comes out as negative then it will affect everyone. However, I didn't think the results would concern them much since they have already accepted the baby. Or I just wish that if the results come out as negative it should not affect anyone emotionally. They have spent days and nights taking care of that kid. I just wish that the baby was Ace's.

I heard chuckles coming from Nyx. She was chuckling at me. I should be angry but I found it cute. "Are you laughing at me?"

"You hate kids, don't you?" She said as we made our way towards the main hall. Luckily the baby wasn't crying.

"Their smell and the constant crying disgust me" I replied.

"By the way, you look handsome in t-shirts" she complimented, looking at the floor. She has been avoiding looking at me ever since I started teasing her about last night. The fact that she has never complimented me before made me flattered.

A smirk formed on my face as I replied "When have I ever not looked handsome?"

"You are so full of yourself," she said. She was wearing a black full-sleeve, high-neck crop top to hide all the hickeys that I gave her. She kept complaining about them but my marks on her body were the hottest thing.

“Fucking hell, C'mon Hunter” Ace's voice echoed from the hall.

Following with Hunter's voice “No fucking way!”

“Mind your goddamn language for the hundredth time” Levi seemed frustrated.

Nyx and I sighed and headed to the hall. "Welcome home," she remarked.

"Welcome home indeed" I replied. The smell of poop, constant crying, zero amount of peaceful sleep, messed up routine, this was our life for the time being. Six people and an unbearable infant, this was our home.

"Hunter!" Ace shouted as he chased Hunter while carrying his child. As soon as Hunter saw Nyx, he ran towards her and yanked her by her hand forcing her to stand between him and Ace.

"Save me for this maniac!" Hunter pleaded to Nyx. She gave a confused glance to Hunter before turning to Ace. 

"She can't do it!" Ace snapped "No one can!"

"What?" I asked, pulling Nyx towards me.

Ace sighed before speaking "My son hasn't pooped since this morning. He has to poop!"

I raised an eyebrow, I couldn't understand any shit he said "What does Hunter have to do with that?" I questioned.

Letting out another sigh, he explained and very illogical theory I've ever heard in my life that too from Ace. "Well, you see whenever Hunter holds my son, he poops without crying or anything"

"That's absurd" I scoffed. It seemed like his brain wasn't working properly perhaps it was the result of hearing irritating crying and smelling the infant's poop 24/7.

Nyx took the infant from Ace and gently shoved him in Hunter's arms making Hunter glare at her "See by yourself" she said.

I sighed, It was the most ludicrous theory that I was wasting my time on. The ridiculous thing was both Ace and Nyx believed in this shit theory. Their theory would hold true if Hunter possesses some strange superpower that allows him to make the baby poop. Hunter was a typical, normal and non-supernatural human being, though. It was evident that Hunter was annoyed beyond his limits however, he decided to maintain his composure.