21 | EGO & RULES

N    Y    X

.   .   .
"They say, "All good boys go to heaven"
But bad boys bring heaven to you"
.    .    .

"Come on, brother, we need her for this mission; she's one of us now." Ace said as he attempted to convince Zayn of something Levi and I had no idea about, all we knew was a mysterious name 'Simon Daddario'. Ever since Octavio showed his mobile phone's screen to Zayn, he called his men and he didn't even bother to get up from his dining seat and he started his work there. They were discussing for the past two hours, different files were being transferred from one person to another, numerous papers were being printed plus more than twenty photographs were messily laid on the table.

"As much as I hate her, I have to agree with Ace, Boss. We know about him; he's a sex addict, he craves everything that has a vagina! What if she got some belly fat? He won't even consider it, when he will see two women with short dresses and loaded with makeup he will lose his mind. And, according to my calculations, all they need to do is keep him distracted for an hour, which I don't think Kourtney can do on her own; she'll need help. Plus, I don't trust Kourtney, I do trust fatso." Octavio said something which was more like a short speech and I felt like he was talking about me because One, he hated me, two, only he called fatso. My curiosity was becoming the best of me, my legs automatically started shaking and all I could feel was my anger levelling up second by second.

"Brother-" Ace began to speak and I couldn't help myself and furiously cut off him and snapped with annoyance and anger "Hold the bloody fuck on for a second and tell me who is that fatso you're talking about for past fifteen minutes?" My nose flared while my hand tightly gripped the table. And then I realised I raised my voice against fucking Mafia men however I didn't let my angry mode disappear. But I almost peed in my pants when Zayn glared at me. One glare from him and you're almost dead. I wondered whether he wouldn't even need a gun to kill someone because his glare was enough.

"Apart from being a fatso you're a dumbarse too" Octavio insulted me and dramatically clapped his hands.

I glared at Octavio and demanded, "Tell me already who are you guys talking about!"

"We can't take her to the mission. She'll end up getting injured" Zayn said ignoring me.

"Boss, Ace, and Octavio are correct, but although she is inexperienced, she is strong and maybe intelligent enough to survive without any significant injury," Hunter said in a casual tone making Ace smirk. I frowned and looked at Zayn, who appeared to be quite uneasy. His thumb stroked against his massive gold ring, which he wore on his middle finger. His ring was designed in a style that evokes the 1980's. It is accented with an assortment of iridescent red gems.

Zayn, like me, had a thing for rings, as I could tell by glancing at his collection of rings that we settled on his ten out of seven fingers, all of which were gold except for one that was silver. He liked to get tattoos, wear jewellery, eat vegetables with his fingers, and also keep ordering people.

"We're concerned about her as well, Zayn." Ace said and that was the first time I heard someone calling Zayn by his name other than me.

"I don't give a damn about her," Zayn said, slamming his hands against the table causing Levi and I to flinch. And for an unknown reason, I wished that whoever he was referring to shouldn't me.

"Of course you don't," Ace said, letting out a laugh as if he found Zayn's outburst funny.

"They are talking about you, Octavio, Ace and Hunter think that you would prove helpful to them" Levi whispered answering my question, and that was one of the reasons why I put Levi over anyone. He was a true gem. "But Zayn think you will get into some trouble" he added