23 | FIGHT FOR HER

Z    A    Y    N

.    .    .
"See it through
There's no one, there's no one like you
I'ma always fight for you
For you, for you, fight for you"
.    .    .

I was taught not to give in to fear, doubt, or intimidation because they are nothing more than a state of consciousness. Knowing how something works is the only way to beat it. Be self-assured and believe in yourself. Don't let fear rule your life. We are constrained by fear. And we are limitless. Be the best self that you can be. There are no excuses. Push, push, and push. If you fall, get back up and push even harder, and You will grow wiser, smarter, and more powerful. And love had no importance in my life because there's no power in love! Mercy makes you weak! Everything that makes you human makes you weak!

I've been able to overcome all of my fears by training for years. My father taught me everything a merciless Mafia leader should know, preparing me to be the toughest mafia leader in the world. He taught me how to be self-sufficient, arrogant, and how to fight my opponent, enemy, and any emotion that could make me weaker. He turned me into a cruel killer. He didn't, however, teach me how to suppress the emotions building up in me when I saw her, when I heard her voice and when I heard the fucker named Simon hitting on her.

When I heard her voice filled with rage and struggle through the device, all I could think about was to protect her, to fight for her. The pounding of the heart was a foreign concept for me and when I felt it I couldn't think straight. I wanted to kill the bastard for touching Nyx, I wanted to tear him limb from limb.

Everything was going according to plan; we were able to reclaim our men and money, and we were working safely. However, while rescuing one of the men, we were attacked by Simon's men, causing us to be late, and this cost us dearly. Simon began to make Nyx uneasy. We raced to rescue Nyx after slaughtering all of his men.

"Don't touch her'' I growled, looking him dead in the eye. Trusting Kourtney was a terrible mistake on my part. She assumed I wouldn't hear anything, but I heard everything they said. She will pay for this, she was however paying for betraying me, she was crying for help, looking at me helplessly, hoping that I would save her, little did she know I was going to kill her by myself after giving a brutal death to Simon who dared to lay his filthy fingers on Nyx.

"Ah! I see you have a soft spot for amore, now I will definitely kill her" I hated it when he called her amore, as Simon completed his sentence. Bullets from my men started piercing Simon's men's bodies, leaving a huge hole in their wake that immediately filled with blood and flowed out. Nyx screamed and covered her ears with her hands, she was horrified. Inside Simon's office, a ruckus erupted, and the guys who were holding me and Ace were killed alongside the other men on the white floor, which was now covered in blood. The gunshots were over, except for Ace, Kourtney, Nyx, Simon and me. Everyone laid dead. His office was no longer white it turned into crimson red with a pool of blood on the floor, the air was warm and our heartbeats were loud, the aroma of flowers turned into the smell of death.

When my eyes met Nyx's, I didn't waste any time, sprinting towards her and engulfing her in a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around me as tightly as I did, and I felt relieved. I was relieved that she was safe, and even more relieved that she was in my arms. And that moment I knew that I will fight for her, whatever it takes.

I kissed her forehead and we pulled away, I cupped her face and asked "Are you alright?" She nodded her head in 'yes' as a response. I could see the vulnerability in her face yet she behaved bravely and handled things perfectly and I couldn't be any prouder.

"I hate to disturb you both but you need to handle this situation as well," Ace said, holding Simon by his neck.

"Be-before you kill- kill me I would like you to propose a deal with you" Simon Daddario stammered as he was shaking with fear, he continued "You know about my friendship with your father, I know everything about his plans and if you let me live then I will tell you everything that he is planning on to do in the future"

I let out a laugh and said "What makes you think I will buy that pathetic act of yours and don't worry I'm not gonna kill you just like that. I'll make absolutely sure you spend the rest of your life in agonising misery, praying for a merciful death. and yours too Kourtney. And I don't give a fuck about his plans." he thought mentioning my father I would let him live, he was wrong.

"Wait, what- what did I do- do, King?" Kourtney stammered as she trembled in fear.

"I told you to protect Nyx but you betrayed me" I greeted my teeth.

I turned to Nyx and said "You must be tired, let's go home" she nodded her head in 'yes'. I motioned Ace to take care of the rest of the things, I took Nyx's hand and I led her out of the building from the secret back door, due to the gunfire the building was emptied.

"Zayn?" she said softly as we walked towards the car.

"Yes?"

"What about the trading houses?" she asked, I raised my left eyebrow in amusement. Did she remember it?

"Simon's?" I asked and he nodded in yes, I was bothered by the fact that instead of talking she kept nodding her head. "Police will take care of it," I told her. I inspected the area whether it was safe or not, fortunately, the area was clear.

"What about all the dead bodies? What if you and your people get arrested? Oh my god! I will get arrested too because I helped you!" She freaked out, she got in the passenger seat and looked at me and said with a hint of worry in her eyes "I don't wanna go to jail, I'm too young for that! I haven't even eaten Italy's pasta yet!"

I suppressed my laugh and said "You done?" she gave me a sharp look and huffed. "No one is going to jail, because I'm friends with the head inspector," I told her. Being a Mafia leader my life is full of risks and burdens, and being friends with the head police officer solves half of the risk and burden.

Her jaw dropped, it was actually quite a shocking thing because Mafia and police are supposed to be each other enemies. "Well, I didn't see that one coming" she commented.

"How come you haven't eaten Italy's pasta?" Ace said getting in the car. I looked at the building from my car's window and I drove off.

"Because I've never been there," Nyx replied.

"Why?" Ace said furrowing his eyebrows.

"I don't know," she said raising her voice in irritation.

"You did a great job today" Hunter commented, he was sitting between Ace and Octavio. She indeed did a great job however according to Octavio she could have done better in defending herself. He was about to tell her to use the knives through the device but Simon's men attacked him.

"No, she didn't, you had two fucking knives with you, why the fuck didn't you use them?" Octavio complained.

She gasped and replied "I forgot! Everything was so overwhelming that it slipped out of my mind"

"Are you kidding me?" Octavio sighed. "I am changing your workout schedule" he informed, he unlocked his tablet and began to make a new schedule for her, Octavio liked to do things on the spot, so he did, he recreated her schedule and stated "From tomorrow onwards I'm gonna teach you how to fight"

"That's exactly what I wanted after nearly getting harassed by a horny old man," She remarked with fake enthusiasm "And also, WHO CAME UP WITH THAT GUNFIRE IDEA? I COULD HAVE DIED!"

"It was a well-planned idea, targets were set and you were not one of them" I replied, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Can I ask you one more question?" she said "But I must warn you my question will be quite personal"

"What is it?"

"Who is your father?" she asked making me sigh.

"Christopher Malik" I replied, parking my car outside the mansion, I heard some chuckles coming from Ace's side, when I looked at Nyx I couldn't stop my laugh either. She was looking at me dumbfounded without blinking, with her chocolate broweyes wide open and her jaw drop.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───