27 | REVENGE GONE WRONG

N    Y    X

.    .    .
"The little things you do they sabotage my brain
Your body and your soul keep running through my veins"
.    .    .

I couldn't figure out what I was feeling. I was overthinking a silly dream, but a sex dream couldn't just randomly appear in your head at any time, can it? No matter how hard I try not to think about him, my mind finds a way back to him, and I keep continuing thinking about him. I hated it, it was annoying because I was secretly liking it when I thought about him. The little things and moments that I shared with Zayn kept making me feel something that I have never felt before. The first time when I saw him, the way he called me Bellissimo, how he appeared out of nowhere in the fusion club and many more, these little moments took on a whole new meaning and they didn't seem like little anymore.

This wasn't supposed to happen.
I wasn't supposed to have these weird. feelings.

I sighed as I looked at the digital wall clock; it was half-past two a.m. and Zayn's hadn't arrived yet. I was concerned about what was causing his lateness. My brain could only come up with two possibilities, either he could be in the middle of a mafia meeting or some other business, or he could be getting his dick sucked by any barely dressed lady.

When I imagined him with someone in an inappropriate position, I felt sick. I didn't know why, but the thought of him being close to someone else made me practically throw up. What was the matter with him, anyway? My blood was boiling, and my head was all over the place. Zayn was driving me insane because one minute he was dangerously close to me, talking nicely, and the next he was engaged to someone else. And here I was, all worked up about him, my head on the verge of exploding. And the worst part was that I couldn't sleep because I become used to sleeping next to Zayn, and since he wasn't next to me, I was sitting on the balcony staring at the moon and the stars and overthinking. What in the world was wrong with me? How could I tell these feelings evolved?

When I heard the sound of the door opening, I stood up and entered the room. I saw Zayn, he appeared tired and his eyes looked sleepy. I quickly examined his neck and other areas for any signs of lipstick or hickey but found none and that was a relief. As soon as his gaze landed on me, he tossed his coat on the sofa, his brows furrowed in confusion. "Can you tell me why you're awake?" He questioned whilst pulling his gold wristwatch out.

I wasn't prepared to respond since I didn't know what I should say. I was certain I wouldn't tell him the truth, and I was certain I wouldn't lie either, since I hated lying. As a result, I chose to ignore his question because it seemed like the only option.

"Can you tell me why you're late?" I asked him and he gave me a blank stare.

"None of your business" he replied without looking at me and went straight to the bathroom. A scoff escaped from my mouth as I watched him shut the door. Was I really overthinking about him? He doesn't give two fucks about me. Jerk! I glared at the bathroom door with my jaw clenched in anger, I spent a whole fucking day thinking about him when I was actually avoiding thinking about him and here he was behaving like a jerk to me.

I stormed towards the bathroom door, silently holding the knob and locking it from the outside. I smirked evilly and whispered, "Have a lovely time spending the entire night in there, King, this is what you get when you act like a jerk to Nyx." I returned to my bed, laid blissfully on my back, and closed my eyes. However, I was still unable to sleep, so I awaited Zayn's response. Zayn was never the one to waste time in the bathroom; he routinely bathed in less than five minutes.

After fifteen minutes I heard a click sound coming from the bathroom doorknob and it was followed by another click sound and then his voice "Nyx? Open the door. I know you locked from outside" I muffled my laugh as I heard him getting freaked out. Instead of replying to him, I kept quiet and enjoyed the show.