105

In front of me was a small village, and a huge stone monument was erected at the entrance of the village. The word "Fox Town" was drastically cut out and then colored with cinnabar. Maybe it's because it's been some years, the cinnabar has peeled off in some places, leaving the traces of the years.

"Fox Town?" Shen Fengyue reached out and touched the two words, and a little dust was stained on her fingertips.

Zhang Hansheng put down the mission scroll and said, "This is the purpose of my coming down the mountain this time. It is said that the Fox Town under the Green Mountain was attacked by evil spirits, and the master sent me to deal with this matter."

Fox Town, since there is a fox character, it must be related to fox? Shen Fengyue thought divergently.

The three of them didn't stay at the entrance of the village for long. After simply observing the surroundings of the village, they had to lift their feet in.

Shen Fengyue followed them, and when he was about to cross the stele, she suddenly heard a cry of mourning from behind the stele.

"Huh?" He retracted his half-stepped leg, his attention was attracted by the stone tablet.

A handful of white hair suddenly appeared on the edge of the stone tablet, and the voice rang again, sorrow and grief. With the sound, the handful of hair also moved slightly.

The sound was like an animal, but Shen Fengyue couldn't remember what animal it was for a while. He walked around behind the stele and saw the true face of Lushan.

"Daoist, Fu Zhengguang, come soon!" He greeted the two people in front, "Here is a fox!"

There was a fox lying in front of him. Its fur was as white as snow. There was no other color except white. It was just because it was lying on the ground and its hair was stained with mud, so some places looked dirty, but none of these Hinder its beauty.

It was curled up, its body was trembling slightly, it was already breathing in and out, and it was dying and looked like it was about to die in the next second.

"It seems to be dying," Shen Fengyue said, her tone unconsciously with a trace of sadness.

Witnessing the demise of a biological life is a very sad thing.

The white fox's brown eyes were covered with tears, and the water mist dimmed its sight. It looked sadly at the human beings surrounding it, and whispered and gasped.

A short period of whimpering came into people's ears, and people couldn't help but feel sad for it.

Zhang Hansheng carefully picked up the white fox, took out a jade bottle from his arms, poured out the golden core, crushed it, and fed it into the white fox's mouth. At the same time, Shen Fengyue was also exerting spiritual power on it, trying to make it feel better.

But they still failed.

The destiny is here, manpower cannot do it.

The white fox couldn't be saved in the end, and it swallowed in Zhang Hansheng's arms. Before dying, it stretched its neck and turned sideways in the direction of Shen Fengyue, looking at him with tears, as if to remember him forever.

Shen Fengyue sighed that everything was alive, thinking it liked him, and bending her eyebrows before she died, showing a gentle smile.

After the white fox groaned softly, his head dropped and leaned against Zhang Hansheng's arms.

When it swallowed, Zhang Hansheng's eyes flashed a yellow light, and it passed by. He put the white fox on the ground and sighed.

The three of them summed up, and finally buried the body of the white fox under the stone monument at the entrance of the village.