Chapter 71

I just hope you won't hate me ✌️. Which I'm sure you probably would.

It's 100% alright for you to flood my notifications with comments and stuffs like that👌🏻👌🏻. I gave you full consent.

Even if it's random...

Also,

⚠️ _

⚠️Please read slowly.

Chapter Start

3rd pov:

——flashback——

At an abandoned building far away from the bustling streets, lies one l/n y/n and one Sano 'Mikey' Manjiro, standing a few feet away facing each other.

"Y/n. Why do you keep on interfering with my plans?" Manjiro Sano ask as he look at y/n with an emotionless face and his dark blank empty eyes.

"Sano. Why did you kill the others?" Y/n ask not answering Manjiro Sano's question as she mentioned the other's name with such disgust laced in her voice.

Manjiro felt his heart throb in pain when he heard her spoke his name with such tone. He skillfully hide this emotion from the other. Clearly it wasn't wanted. Nor was it needed.

"For the same reason as what I'm gonna do now." Manjiro answered as he pulled a gun from behind him.

He held a gun on his hand and pointed it towards the other's direction. Then he spoke, "Any last words?", he ask.

"You've really changed. And so am I. Whatever you'd do, you won't be happy." Y/n then gave a smirk and said, "I can't believe why my past self agreed to date you.", before she scoff. "That's my only regret. I should've seen that one coming. I always knew there was no happy ending. Wouldn't you agree?"

"That's right. If only we haven't met, y/n." Manjiro agreed with an emotionless voice before saying, "Goodbye."

As soon as those words left his mouth, Manjiro finally pulled the trigger.

Bang!

As if in slow motion, Baji suddenly emerge from out of nowhere, taking the bullet for y/n. The bullet punctured straight at his chest just a couple millimeters below his heart.

Both y/n and Manjiro were shock by Baji's sudden appearance. "Baji!!" Y/n shouted with a hint of fright in her voice as she hurriedly kneeled beside Baji and cradled him in her arms. "Why..?" Y/n ask in both shock and disbelief as tears began to gather on her eyes.

"Baji... wh-... why..?" Manjiro uttered  in disbelief which only he could hear. He couldn't believe that Baji would jump in front of a bullet and risk his life for y/n.

He watch as y/n cradle Baji in her arms as she cry while trying to stop the blood with her hand from flowing out his body. 

And again, his heart throb in pain.

He wanted to be the one who was cradled in y/n's arms. He wanted to be close to her again. To hug her. Kiss her. Just like in their teens. But he can't. At least, not anymore. After all that he have done.