Chapter 2: The dream

The bell rang. The students went out for a quick recess. Zain and Hamza also walked down the stairs and made their way into the cafeteria. Zain tapped Hamza's back and gave him a look, and ran towards the ground.

He ran to the girl group which got free from their basketball match.

"Oh, look who it is, Zain." Said Nimra, the leader of the girls basketball team. The girls started hooting and making noises which made the boy shy.

"Oh hye how are you all doing." He murmured ruffling his hair, glancing at Hania who was standing with her friends and listening to the conversation which was just getting started.

"Ahh what ever, hey boy I've heard you are not coming to the site. Hamza told me it's because of your mother." Nimra Bemoaned putting her arm around his neck.

"So he told you, that big mouth, yeah well actually she, my mother is going Lahore this week so I have to stay here with my siblings."

"Oh, well I'm also not going then. It's no fun without you . I've confessed my feelings to you a long time ago, if you remember."

Zain removed her arm from his neck and made a displeased face, glancing at his crush. The girls started to hoot, hearing the confession again.
Hania was watching the scene unfold in front of her.

"Yeah actually I also made my answer Clear a long ago too".

"I know, why are you being uneasy!" Nimra exclaimed smacking him on his back.

"Well .. ahh.. can I talk to that girl... You .. Ha...Hania." he said reddened.
Hania looked up with a sweet and polite look on her face.

"Me?" She mumbled looking in his eyes questioningly.

"Yes I... Wanted..uhhh...I wanted to say that...if you can help me with botany.... Actually..."

"Ohh so you just came here to ask for a girl's help, awwww so sweet, I mean so romantic." Nimra asserted standing on her toes.

"No!no it's not what you think, I'm actually serious here. I really want someone to help me with this shit...I mean botany... And I've heard that she is really good at it....so."Zain cried looking at Hania in a comforting way.

"You should first ask the teacher... For permission...I guess." She said and walked away with her friends leaving the boy stunned.

Now time passed as fast as sound. It was time to go home. Zain stood up from his chair and walked out with his friend.
"Bro, I asked her."

"What! out! On a date!"his friend exclaimed.

"No. I asked her to help me with botany."

“Are you kidding me you dumbass. Why would you ask her to help you when u know she wouldn’t have done it?”

"Actually, Hamza you know what, I'm thinking of giving up... on her. I've been trying for 3 months now but she doesn't even give me a chance to come up. I requested her on Facebook but she didn't accept it, I tried to lend my umbrella to her but she didn't take it, instead she just ran out in the rain! Am I that obvious, so than why won't she make it clear with me!" Zain bristled "it just pisses me off everytime I think about it. Why doesn't she just step up and make it clear, so we can move on."

"Don't except me to tell you the reality of this society dude and don't be so apoplectic. I guess she hasn't figured it out yet. Don't worry everything is going to be fine."

"Yeah I know."

After the conversation the friends went on there ways. On his way back home, he had thoughts about his day. He thought of why that girl wouldn't allow anyone to make any move on her. Is it because of her parents, her family matters, her friends, her own insecurities, her guts or because she had been betrayed too many times. What ever the case was, Zain decided to move on. The siblings had van transport and they would wait at their aunt who was also their neighbor until their brother arrived.

The day just passed. The family sat at the dining table. The mother served them hot juicy stew. And joined the dinner herself.
"Eat up everyone. I won't be here by tomorrow morning, you will all miss this food. You have to take care of everything Zain." She said patting her 7 year old son on his head, with a gleaming smile.

"Oh yeah, don't worry. I will." Zain retorted putting the piece of stew in his mouth.

"Well and good. I think I shouldn't worry then. You are grown up after all."
The family finished the dinner and everyone went to their rooms to spend a peaceful night. Zain had been feeling uneasy since the morning, he was feeling as if he had failed. He wanted to confess his feeling to that gleaming girl so badly but couldn't. At last he thought that there must be God's goodness in this or that they weren't meant to be. These thoughts kept coming and going and while pondering over them he went to a deep sleep.

His eyes opened. He saw everything as his eye view. Every thing was vintage, grainy. He was standing in the staff room. He saw a man walking towards him. He was Mr. Zahid, his English teacher. The teacher passed him as he wasn't even standing there and slapped Hamza, his friend. Zain's eyes opened wide. The teacher then started scolding his friend and he was listening while keeping his head down whining in embarrassment. It was the moment when the head turned towards him, the teacher walked to him and Zain woke up.

<••••••••••••••••••••••>

(Guys I hope you all like it. If you find something odd, in my spelling or grammar so please do inform me in comments because it's my first time as a writer on Wattpad.( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Please do vote if you liked the chapter ❗

Q. What is your favorite county?
Mine , Japan.