Chapter 39: What a life

Zain took him to a balcony where they could see the neighborhood. For a moment they both were staring at a man who was trying to unlock someone's bike's lock. Zain frowned with a grimace and Hakim raised his eyebrow with a smirk. Someone saw the man doing that sinful act and rushed at him, simultaneously the so-called robber escaped. Zain gave a slight laugh. He then turned to Hakim and all of a sudden his rage returned back. He scowled at Hakim and stepped closer  with a very scary face.

"I know everything now." He mumbled while clenching his teeth.

"Ok wait. I don't know why the fxxk I'm here. I was supposed to be with the family! Now some stupid guy appeared and took me with him! And I followed you too. How stupid I am."

"Hakim listen to me!" Zain shouted in a livid way. He was all red and was looking extremely fierce. This time he wouldn't bother a single joke.

••••Meanwhile downstairs

Hania's father was gawking at her but all he could see were tears in his daughter's innocent eyes. He sighed in displeasure and rushed out of the room. The moment he left all the women surrounded the guiltless girl who was scared herself. The man reached the balcony. He was about to open the door when a voice stopped him.

"You are responsible for Hamza's death, right?!!!!" Zain raged while clutching Hakim's collar.

The man frowned and clutched the door knob.

"Hah~ are you kidding me!! Why would I do that!!! Just shut up. I have had enough of you!!! Now get lost, leave Hania alone!"

"I am not here for Hania!!!" Zain shouted while punching the boy so hard that he fell. The man straightened up. Hakim looked up at Zain.

"what the fxxk." He uttered while touching his swollen lip. Well, one thing was for sure that Hakim was bigger and more powerful than Zain. He gawked at him in the eyes and punched him back.

"Get the fxxk out of her! Why are you ruining a peaceful day of my life!"

Hakim shouted. Zain looked at him and straightened up. He brushed the dust off with his hand and sighed.

"I heard from someone that you wanted to kill Hamza. So it means that my friend's death wasn't just an accident." Zain uttered with tears in his eyes.

Hania's father was eavesdropping, he could hear each and every word.

"I think it's a very, very critical issue." He mumbled to himself. He was listening when the door bell rang. He rushed to the door and opened to see Talha huffing and puffing at the door steps. He raised his head and smiled at the man.

"Hye uncle." He greeted and ran in. The man held him from back.

"Hey! Why are you breaking in!"

"Breaking in?! Well can you please tell me where Zain is. I may be able to save your family from a huge fuss."

He uttered with a stupid smile on his face. The man then let go of him and pointed towards the balcony. He thanked him and rushed there.

Meanwhile Zain and Hakim were having a serious conversation.

"Why are you making things up!"

"Me? Making things up?!" Zain then quoted the cowboy man's words which left Hakim at a loss of words. In no time Talha rushed in and held Zain from the back. The man stopped at the balcony door.

"Hey let go off me!!" Zain shouted removing Talha's hands off of him.

"Don't fight!"

"I'm not!" he frowned at him and then glanced at the man being an eyewitness.

"Yes. What should I do with you?" Zain asked while clenching his fist

"Listen Zain and Talha. I know you too are fuming right now and-" he glanced at Hania's father who was also indignant. He then continued

"I know and yes I completely agree that I said that. But obviously I didn't mean it right!!??"

Zain was so ready to punch the dude but Talha held him back.

"What do you mean you said!!!"

"Hey!!! Because of that dumbass-"

"Don't curse at him!!!!" Zain jumped on Hakim and in no time a fierce fight took place at a peaceful place like the balcony. Hania's father also jumped in to stop the boys.

The shouting and cursing was audible in the lounge too. All the women were sitting quietly. In no time the men entered the lounge. All the women stood up. He was holding Zain by his neck. He pushed him on the sofa and glared at Hakim who was following them while rubbing his neck. Zain's nose was bleeding again. He was crying and had nothing to say. All the women gathered up at one corner of the lounge. Talha rushed to Zain and gave him solace.

"Listen to me you three! I don't know what's going on here but Hakim you better tell me what the heck you have to do with his friend. And you Zain! Stop pulling a tantrum at my house."

For a minute there was complete reticence in the lounge. Zain was glaring at Hakim with tissue on his nose while Talha was staring at him in astound.

"Listen Zain, yeah I said that. Because of Hamza one of my friend was expelled. Obviously if someone gets your friend expelled why would you want to see him alive."

"Expelled?? How come?" Talha inquired.

"Before I even knew Hamza he had a fight with my friend. The teachers appeared at the exact moment when my friend was about to beat him and thought that he was bullying him although Hamza threw the first punch. He got expelled."

Zain frowned in astound and looked away.

"And about killing him! Oh come on why the heck would I? Is it that easy to kill someone. He moved to Lahore and died in an accident that's it."

Talha made Zain stand up and apologized to the family on his behalf. Zain was agitated and fuming. He was looking around when his eyes landed on Hania. She was crying. This made him realize what the fxxk he had done. He looked at her in an apologetic way but she looked away in rage.

"I'm very sorry. I'll make sure that we never show up at your house again." Talha sincerely apologized and left.

Five minutes passed away and no one uttered a single word. Hania's father turned to Hakim and glared at him in rage. He was scratching his head in woe.

"I'm very disappointed in you Hakim. That was totally absurd."

"I'm very sorry uncle I didn't know that my words would cause such stupidity."

Urr I hate you Zain why the fxxk he had to appear now! He thought while biting his lower lip in agitation.

"I'm leaving." Hania's father said and left the room.

"Hania, did you call him?" Hakim uttered.

Hania raised her head with a grimace and left the room too.

"oh wow!" he sniggered.

What a life.

<•••••••••••••••>

Please vote if you liked the chapter 🥺❤️

Q. What would you do if someone gets your friend expelled?