Chapter 30: Play hard to get

Zain reached a nearby clinic, parked his cycle and knocked the door. It was not big just one room with two patients and an old man. He walked in. He took a seat waiting for his turn. After 15 minutes he finally went in.
He gazed at the doctor with round spectacles placed on his nose tip. White hair with white beard. He took a seat.

The doctor who was busy reading something looked up at the boy and smiled in a mocking way. Zain flinched glancing away with a regretting face.
"Yes?"

The head turned at initial.

"Ah yes actually I'm nosebleeding a lot since three four days."

"Nosebleeds? Why? Do you watch p*rn?" He asked in a polite but mocking tone.

"No way!! I don't!! Hah~ wh-why do you think like that." Zain exclaimed bashfully flinching around.

"Let me check. It can be a wound or something in your nose." He said turning the torch on.

After checking he took a seat.

"No there's nothing except-"

"No! I mean." And Zain looked away.

The doctor looked up from his spectacles to the boy who wasn't matching eyes. After a checkup the doctor gave him some medicine. Zain walked out staring at the medicine.

"How many are these? What is this even written?" He said turning the paper. After that he returned home with the medicine and saw the family at the dining table he immediately joined them. He was negotiated but it's fine.

The time was flying. Papers were on head everyone was working hard including Zain. It was hard to focus but he was trying his best. On the other hand Hania was having marriage preparation going on.

It was Monday. The first exam. Everyone was gathered in the ground. Zain was walking around finding Talha when he bumped into someone. It was Hakim. He looked at him back.

"Oh Zain!"

"yeah." He said awkwardly putting his hand slightly up.

"How's the preparation?"

"Good." He answered and turned around to walk away but Hakim held him from the back.

Now what!?!

"I heard about Hamza." A voice hit his eardrums he immediately looked back. Hakim was looking serious. Zain looked down in dismal.

"I know you might hate me but I really feel sad for what happened after all he was something to me."

I hate people like this, first fxxking around and when things turn bad acting like they cared. Fxxk they actually don't. Zain thought.

Zain was just listening. Hakim then patted him on the back.

"Stay strong." After a moment of silence when Zain was about to leave he heard,"wait". He turned back. Hakim was rummaging through his bag and In no time he pulled out a card and put his hand out to him. Zain looked at the it.

"It's my marriage invitation."

He  held the invitation with trembling hand.

"Make sure you come." And he walked away with his friends.

Zain looked up with dismay on his face.qlll

"He made me forget the little I studied." He Bemoaned clutching the invitation.

After that he finally found Talha who also seemed looking for someone. He jumped on the dude clutching his neck. Talha grieved in pain.

"Ahh let go!!"