Chapter 51: Karma

It was 10 am in the morning. Zain was trembling to his bones with regression, fear and pain. It was Hania's wedding tonight and he was lying on a bed while staring at the white ceiling of the hospital room. Saif had been with him all the time. He was napping on the sofa.

All Zain could remember was that voice which he heard.

"Infinity huh? It's just infinity." He mumbled, "Then I guess it's impossible for me to reach you. Let's just stay like this for the rest of our lives. Infinity." He sniggered.

He then started crying while thinking about how stupid he was. Saif woke up and rubbed his neck with his eyes half open

"Shi...He has been crying since he gained consciousness." He said and walked to Zain, He smacked his leg.

"Just fxxking stop crying man. I kinda couldn't sleep cuz of ya." He said while scratching his head and walked out. He was wearing a see through shirt and shorts. The nurse was waiting at the door. Saif walked outside and asked "Yes?"

"I have to check on the patient."

"oh yeah come in." he moved aside.

"By the way did he sleep?"

"What do you think." Saif asked while tilting his head from left to right.

"I?" she than glanced at Zain and sighed, "No, I don't think so. He really is sad to the depth of his bones. I'll recommend you to take him to a therapist after the treatment."

"Sometimes the issue arises from within you and it's solution also lies in you. A therapist, councilor wouldn't do good. He just needs time. A lot of time so he could move on." Saif uttered while turning the AC on.

The treatment was done and Saif was feeding Zain some soup. Zain was talking to Talha on the phone.

"Dude I really want to see you now. We have a very strict practice schedule here but I'll definitely come meet you tonight. We got a lot to talk about!"

"No it's fine. You just take care of Harim and your academics whatever. I'm fine." Zain said while taking the soup in his mouth.

"Zain today is Hania's wedding. We are invited. Should we go or not?"

"Of course you should. She and Harim are best friends!"

"But I really don't want to go."

"Hey dude! It's up to you okk. Just stop bringing this topic again and again!" Saif interrupted the friends.

Talha apologized and hung up. Zain was glaring at Saif.

"What?"

"What was that just now?"

Saif hissed.

"Just shut up. I'm still disappointed in you."

The preparations were going on and as the time came near Hakim became more and more anxious.

"I don't want to marry her!!! I swear." He shouted while pushing off all the new clothes from his desk.

"Shit what should I do. I don't know why everything is so fxxked up now! All I wanted was just to tease Zain and now that I've won over my crush!! I don't want to marry that Hania!! Where is Zain now! Where is that piece of shit now when I'm ready to give him Hania myself!" Hakim screamed.

But nothing was changing. It felt like destiny. Preparations were going on. The families were busy in stuff and everything and Hania was sitting in her room surrounded by her cousins and neighbors. She had a nonchalant face while all the girls were chanting around her. She took a deep breath and looked out of the window.