Chapter 23: Let's date

What ever the case was both of the boys had a very humiliating experience. It was off time. Everyone was gathered in the ground laughing, jolting, giggling. Zain was taking his bicycle out.

"I think I should buy a motorcycle now." He said dusting the dust off the seat with his hand. He then examined a bike parked beside  his.

"Isn't it the new Yamaha model? God it's a treasure!" He said walking to it.
He then rubbed the stream line body of the bike with his hand.

"Impressive." He praised. He was busy examining and boasting the bike when he felt a breathing body behind him.

Now who's that. He thought

He turned around and saw Hakim standing with a nonchalant face. He stepped back.

"Move." He said pushing him aside.

"Is is is this yours?!!" Zain asked pointing at the bike.

"Yes. It can't be?" Hakim answered sitting on his expensive bike.

"How did you afford that?"

"Don't think to much. I've started a job. I earn money unlike you who is running around the colony with some stupid newspapers."

Zain looked at him in astound he stepped closer to him, so close that there was an apple distance left between their faces. Zain glared at Hakim.

"How do you know about it?" He mumbled.

Hakim smirked.

"You think a newspaper seller like you can marry a girl like Hania."

"Don't cross the limits okay. I'm doing it just for a mere week. Newspaper selling."

"Week or year, I don't care. you stop dreaming babe. I earn a lot."

He then pushed Zain back, started the engine and drove away. Zain glared at him all the way until he vanished from his sight.

After a mere minute of silence Zain's eyes filled with tears. The feeling of burden, hiraeth, lassitude, qualm, being left out was eating him up inside. He couldn't bear the sudden pain he felt in his chest and sat down. He squeezed his head to stop the tuning sound which always drove him crazy. The pessimistic thoughts which made him doubt his existence.

His life was not as easy as it seemed.

"Why.... does it.... has to be... me."he said sniveling.

He crouched on the floor hiding his face with his arms.

Why?

______•••

Talha was working on the project. He was gluing the sticks together when Harim walked in and sat on the chair beside him.

"Where are the others?"

He looked up.

"They went for a break they've been working too."

Harim was gazing at him. She was mesmerized by  his beauty. Sweat lingering on his face and neck. His messy hair and bonus! When he wiped the sweat off his collar bones, the loosen buttons and the coyful view. Plus the moles under his eyes were just making him look more covet.

Talha finally noticed the gaze. He looked at her and frowned. Harim was just lost. He then made a disgusted face and slightly pushed her. She immediately looked up.

"What?!"

"What?"

"I mean where are you lost. What are you looking at? Me?" He said fixing his shirt.

"No I'm not!"

"You pervert! I'll tell your family to start preparing for your marriage."

"Hey!! Shut up. What do you expect then?"

He raised his eyebrows and smirked

"What?"

"I love you and when you love someone you can't control him looking that... That sexy." She flinched glancing away.

Talha smiled and moved closer to her.

"Really? you are really confident. I mean confessing straight away."

"Yes I don't like beating around the bush what's true is true." She said

Talha giggled and then started buttoning his shirt.

"I mean you are really interesting."

"I know I am."

"Well then look here." He said rotating Harim's chair towards him. This made her flustered. He then moved closer to her.

"Let's date."

"Firstly, move back anyone will see us and secondly it's not 1st April."

'Haha' he laughed.

"That's why I'm saying this now so that you don't misunderstand." He said standing up.

Harim realized what the boy said. She immediately stood up and stopped the leaving boy.

"Wait!" She exclaimed running to him. She twirled around him and their eyes locked.

"Are you really serious?"

" Im not sure about my feelings but there's this one friend of mine who've said me to date you."

"Not sure of feelings. That's new but I don't care." She declared standing on her toes. "I promise I will make you fall in love with me."

Talha laughed and then caressed her head. This made her get lower bashfully.

She was happy.

He was happy.

That day was the best day in Harim's life she was the most happiest person at that moment. She had butterflies in her stomach, she seemed like a butterfly flying in the house, meeting and greeting everyone and swinging with her sister. At last she jumped on her bed at night; grabbed the phone and typed:

'Hye 🥰🥰🥰'

She waited for more than 15 minutes and got a reply

'Hye'

'hry????'

'fine 🙃🙃'

'Talha do you fall for me🥺'

'what!! Are you kidding me how can I fall in love so quickly I need time.... I need memories hehe 😏😏😏'

'what's with that emoji 🤔'

'😏'

'wtf what's with that!!!'

'😏😏'

'Hey!!!'

And so they went on like this for more than an hour. At last they put there phones down.

Harim spread her arms laying on the bed. She smiled and then started chuckling in excitement.

I love you.

Talha took a bath and then stood in the balcony. He threw hands in the air and smirked.

"I mean I'm already taken now?"

He then glanced the moon and smiled.

I guess love you too.

<•••••••••••>

Please vote if you liked the chapter 🥺

Q. What's your current mood?
Well because I was writing it, I was kinda happy.