Chapter 46: Just me and you.

Saif kept roaming around the footpath with Zain on his back. He was sweating like crazy and was about to let go of Zain at any moment but Zain was leaning against his cousin's shoulder. He was pondering over the scene he saw in his head. It was depressing.

"Zain." Saif murmured.

Zain answered with a hum.

"I'm tired now so can I put you down?"

"Yeah."

Saif then zapped his hands from underneath Zain's thighs. Zain fell on the ground. He glared up at his cousin who was stretching his arms.

"Oh God you sure do weight a lot." Saif mocked.

Zain hissed at him with a grimace and kicked Saif's leg.

"That was utterly ridiculous!"

"Well I told ya I won't be able to hold long."

"This bitch." Zain then put his hand out, " Come on, now pick me up."

Saif helped him get up. After a walk He then dropped him to his house and left. Zain rushed to his room and fell on the bed.

Shit I can't get this all freak out of my head! Zain thought.

I've always been like this right? Running from my problems by assuming that they are unsolvable?! Why is that so? Why!! He thought with tears in his eyes.

The next day was very intriguing. Talha showed up at Harim's house at 6 am sharp. He confronted her father with a smile. Later he was sitting on the couch with the family.

"You should be proud that your daughter is selected." Talha uttered with a rather serious face.

Harim was staring at their faces.

"But how did this happen. They can't just select anyone randomly right?!"

"well sir you can assume that the college gave her information as she's a great sport's girl."

"But.." his father looked at his daughter for an answer. Harim was confused herself as she didn't know anything.

"Oh come on if she's selected then let her go there. It's an honor to see our girl shining." Harim's mother said. His father looked at her. He thought for 5 minutes and then took a deep breath.

"Ok. She can go if it's that important then she can go."

Talha gave a wide smile and jumped in Glee.

"Yeah that's it. That's what I wanted! Thank you Sir." Eeee I'm so happy."

Harim was gawking at him. It was an expression of ' Can you please shut up' Talha looked at her and calmed down. Her father got up and sighed.

"Ok Harim go and pack your stuff. If you want to leave now you can."

Harim looked at him and stood up. She walked to him and hugged her dad.

"Dad I'm sorry if I made you upset. I never meant to, believe me."

The man clutched her back.

"No it's fine. I just realized that stopping someone from following their dreams gives a different kind of pain. I realized it when I looked at my past. I still don't trust this boy here but if this will make you stop resenting me that I'm off for it"

"Dad... No... I don't resent you a little bit." Harim bemoaned with tears in her eyes.

Harim's mother smiled and hugged both of them. Harim was weeping in her parent's arms. Talha had left the hall to let the family spend their time. He was Standing beside the stairs and gazing at the family frame on the wall.