Chapter 13: "I lost the deal."

They turned back, it was Hania's mother. Zain gazed at her as he waved his hand slightly from the back; he was asking the boys to leave. Immediately they left.
Zain smiled at the woman.

"Hye." He greeted.

"Hye. I actually wanted to hand you this. These are some rice. I was cooking them for lunch but you didn't get a chance to eat them. You can take them with you. It's not nice to let your guest leave without serving them."

"No, no, no need it's fine."

"No you can have it." Her mother uttered by forcibly placing the box in his hand.
"Ok ok fine I'm taking it. Thank you."

"Zain, that's your name right?"

"Ahmm yes."

"Don't mind her father. He is not like this he actually-"

"Don't worry it's fine."

"No it's not fine. It was your first time visiting here and I find it disrespectful. After all you are a guest and our daughter's friend."

"Ha~ your daughter. I wasn't able to say this to uncle in there but I will say it to you. If Hania doesn't want to get married then why are you forcing her to do so. And about Hakim he is not a good person."

"I don't have a control over anything and after all he is our relative."

"He bullied my friend for money."

Her mother was staring at him. She had nothing to add.
"I- he is not like this."

"As you wish. I just told you what I know. You can ask my friend if you don't believe me and if not him then there are more people I know."

"Ok boy. You can go. Thanks for visiting. I don't know what's happening either."

And she went inside.
Zain gazed at the door for a minute, sighed and then continued on his way. He saw Hania standing in the balcony. He gazed at her. Her eyes were gleaming. He was enthralled with that moment.

Why is she gazing at me like that? What does she want to say? He thought

A stone dropped Infront of his feet. He looked down. He then smiled and raised his head up; smiled at the girl who was gazing at him from between the balustrade. He picked the stone wrapped with a paper and showed her and then went on his way. He then reached the boys who were busy talking about their school days. As they saw Zain they straightened up.

"Zain, Zain what happened!"

"Ah shut up Hamza I knew you would inquire me."

"Ok I won't but still she stopped you, for what?"

"That bitch." Zain said to Talha pointing at Hamza.

Talha giggled.

"Let's go and talk at a cafe."

"Ok ok fine but don't curse."

And the three of them sat on the bike and drove to the nearby cafe.

Hania was still gazing outside even after Zain left. She was lost in reverie when she felt like someone sat beside her. She immediately looked.

"What are you gazing at?" Her father asked. She simultaneously stood up but her father made her sit again.

"I- nothing."

"Were you looking at that boy leaving?"

"No! Why would I! I already told you."

"Really. I don't think it's bad to watch a guest leaving. Listen Hania what I'm doing is for your own good. You don't know how the society is now a days-"

The Prophetic Dreamerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें