Chapter 24: It's dangerous

"Zain didn't come to the college again".
Talha said as he took out the textbook from his bag. He then opened the page and started doodling as the teacher was teaching.

Why?

Zain had a fever but more worst than that he was having headaches severe ones. He had tied his head tightly with a cloth and was sweating like hell. He was breathing heavily squeezing the pillow to suppress the pain. His mother ran in with cold water and a cloth. She then placed the cold wet cloth on his forehead.

"What has happened to you Zain look at me." She said turning her face towards her.

"Mom... I.. feel like... My soul is.... getting sucked."

"No don't say that." She said clutching the boy with concerned tears. She then wiped the tears and said

"Ok you should take a nap if you need anything just call me."

"Mom.... Please go to... Her.... House... please."

"Yes I will I will don't worry." And she left.

Zain looked at the ceiling and he squeezed his eyes shut.

What's happening to me?

He wiped his tears and finally slept.

It was dark. The reticence surrounded. The sky was orange.

What is this feeling?
Where am I now?

He heard cries from every corner.

Where are these coming from!

He was looking around flustered. He then ran and followed the cries.

I feel heavy.

He reached a crowd. He then squeezed himself in between the people and saw something perturb and disturbing.

What is it? What is it!

He said squeezing the shoulders of a woman.

WHY ARE YOU CRYING!!!!

He shouted but his voice couldn't reach her. He than ran to the coffin covered with a white cloth. Took a heavy breath and removed the cloth. He then stepped back.

No.

No!!!

NO!!!!!!

And the boy woke up breathing so heavily as if someone held his breath and wasn't letting it go, so heavy that his nerves were visible.

"No, no it can't be, it can't be." He said standing up. His eyes were filled with tears and he was sweating. He rushed down stumbling. His mother saw him leaving the house.

"Hey!! Zain what happened! Do you need something!!" She asked running to him, she held him.

"LEAVE ME!!!" He shouted.

She was flustered, her eyes were wide opened seeing his child's condition. His siblings were also staring at the scene frightened.

He was nosebleeding, sweaty and was a mess. He was whining and his face looked dreadful.

"What, what happened to you?" She asked hugging the boy who was trying to run and was squeezing himself out of her arms.

"LET ME GO!!! HE NEEDS ME!!!"

"WHO NEEDS YOU??!!!"

"Who needs you hah?" She repeated caressing his boy who was covered with blood, sweat and tears.

"Mom... Mom... What should I do? ... Mom I... I ... Want to save him." He said whimpering.

"Who, my child. Ahhh stop crying tell me. Tell me who."

"H- mom he Ha-" and than he fell in his mother's arms.

"ZAIN!!! ZAIN!!"

That was a very stressful day. The tears, the cry, the groan was still echoing in the house. His mother was wiping the blood off his face crying.

"Mom. What happened to brother?" Aman asked. She looked at him and then smiled caressing his face.

"Nothing son. Nothing. Go to Zoha she's alone."

The boy glanced at his brother and then left.

The next day her mother was at Hania's house sitting Infront of her parents.

"I know it's hard but you should understand."

"Ma'am we can't it's hard. It can cause family inflicts" her mother uttered.

"Sir, you can understand Im not lying, my boy is really suffering."

"I'm sorry but I don't think his suffering has anything to do with this issue ma'am. I find it a stupid reason. He usually nosebleeds I've seen him."

"But I also don't know why he is like this. He has never been like this. I- I don't understand too. The last thing he asked  me was to come over your house."

"Ma'am it's hard. It's really hard. It is a challenge for us too." Her mother told.

Her mother sighed and stood up.

"Ok, as you wish. I knew this but before leaving I would like to say one thing. Did you asked your daughter that is she really satisfied with this marriage? Do you think she is happy?"

Both of them started looking at each other. His father looked down. She sighed at them and left.

What ever the case was her words left the man considerate. His wife handed him tea and sat down with him.

"Are you considering her words?" She asked taking a sip.

"Yes." He looked at her, "what do you think?"

"About what?"

"About Hania."

"What?"

"Is she really happy?"

"Yeh she never told me anything."

"But I don't think so. No. I know she's not happy. She also likes that guy."

"Zaid?"

"It's Zain not Zaid."

"Oh yeh sorry."

"Yes."

"So you've met him. What do you think about him?"

"He's good but not perfect."

"So is Hakim perfect?"

This made the man look at the woman. She was staring at him, she took the last sip and then walked out. He was left out of words.

Perfect? What's even perfect? He thought

Hania was sitting in her room. She was staring at the ceiling and pondering over many things.

I never thought it would be him but it's sad that it's not really him. She thought

Tears fell from her eyes.

It's not you at the end.

She than stood up and went to the balcony staring at the stars. Her brunette hair flowing with the wind. Her pink cheeks were damp with tears and her eyes sparkling with tears. She couldn't forget that smile of him when he reached the ground. That smile of satisfaction, love, pleasure, concern, and hope.

Why are you so stubborn? Why don't you give up?

I never felt this way.

She closed her eyes and opened her arms wide feeling the pleasure of the nature.

But I'll wait. I can't let go of this.

<••••••••••••>

Please vote if you liked the chapter 🥺

Q. Have you ever fainted?
Nope not me, Alhamdullilah