Chapter 36: Cowboy bepop

(One month and a week before Hamza died)

____________________________

March 30, 2016.

Hye dear diary,,,

Yo what's up!!!!

Today was a very queer day. We are leaving for Lahore soon. It's sad to leave behind the people you love. We are leaving next week. I'm here to wrap up some random shit but beside that something strange happened to me today. Should I write about it or not. Well let's go with it. I was at the market buying some piece of machinery which my father asked to bring. I was at the xxxx shop looking for a bumper light, my father asked for that too. Idk why haha. It's all fine but you know!! A boy came to me and started spewing some shit out of his mouth. I was like wtf?! Do I even know you!!! well that bish had nothing to do other than to waste some more time of his shitty life he appeared In front of a handsome random like me. I'll let it go. Next time I'll write after reaching Lahore. Bye bye.

______________________________________

(PRESENT)

Both of the youngsters were on their way home. Zain was busy praising his bike whilst Hania was just looking around. Not listening to a word the boy was saying. She was pondering over how contented her life can be if she married Zain. Those sweet, pleasant thoughts were making her smile constantly. She clutched Zain's waist in triumph and coy.

This placid act made the boy falter for a moment and then simultaneously stop. He glanced down at her arms wrapped around his waist and smirked.

"Are you enjoying it?"

The girl raised her head and all she could see was the helmet. For a moment she couldn't really understand what he was trying to say; after the moment of realization she zapped back.

"No no!! That's not it."

The boy chuckled. His laugh wasn't audible as they were racing but she knew what was going on.

He reached the neighborhood and dropped her across the road.

"You can cross the road right?"

She glimpsed at him.

"Do you think so?"

"Yeah."

She smiled more like an eye smile and pulled her burqa slightly up just like a princess. She was about to cross when he stopped her.

"Wait!" he exclaimed getting off the bike. She was staring at the boy who seemed to appear a little closer to her every second.

"Let me help you."

"I knew it." She told stepping on the road ready to cross.

"I'm not asking you."

He said stopping her by her arm. He then stepped beside her and held her hand. She wiggled it but he wasn't letting it go.

He looked left and right like a five years old and then asked the girl to run. Both of them crossed the road running like kids. They stopped at the next side chuckling.

"I would've crossed it more professionally."

She boosted putting her hands on her waist and inflating her chest with air and then releasing out. Zain was giggling at the not so very funny girl. He stepped closer to her and gazed at her with an effleurer touch of breath. She moved back glancing away.

"Let's go." He said holding her hand and facing towards her house. She nodded.

After dropping the girl safe and sound he was at relief. He was on his way back when he stopped at a juice stall for a drink. He slurped the glass of fresh and chilled sugarcane juice. He wiped his face and was rummaging his pocket for money when a hand appeared in front of his eyes. He glanced at it. It was holding money. He simultaneously turned to the body. He was an anonymous man. He was staring at him. The vendor took the money.

The man turned around to leave when Zain stopped him.

"Excuse me." He said calling him by his shoulder. He turned around.

"Why did you pay for me?"

He simply smiled.

"Wanna talk?"

Talk?

The table was quiet. Although he called him for a talk he didn't say a word. Zain was staring at the last sip of his coffee. He raised his head and glanced at the man. A man wearing a cowboy hat which was attracting everyone's attention. He gulped the last sip and locked his eyes with Zain to which he looked away.

"You have super powers?"

"What?"

"Super power. Such as dreams of the future."

Zain looked at him in aghast. He immediately stood up when the man held his hand and made him sit.

"Am I right?"

"What are you talking about? spewing stupid shit and wasting my time. I thought you were going to offer me a job or something."

"A job? Why not. You're totally on the phase. It can be a job."

"What are you talking about?"

"Listen." The man murmured moving closer. "What if I ask you to dream of me and tell me my future and I'll pay you."

"What are you even talking about? What dream? Why would I dream of you?"

"You are Zain Javed right?"

This all was making him anxious. He stood up and was seriously leaving but this time the man didn't stop him. He left the café and was on his way out as soon as he reached his bike he heard a voice.

"What if I tell you Hamza's death wasn't an accident?"

Soon after the words hit his eardrums he was awestruck.

What?

He looked back but saw no one.

What was that?

He waited there for five minutes but no one appeared. One thing he was sure of was that it was that cowboy man. Those words kept echoing in his head even after he reached his home.

Although he had a good time with Hania, all he could think about were those words and that queer conversation with that strange man.

"What did he mean by his death not being an accident? I literally saw the injuries and the traffic when I was returning. His mother also told me so. It was all because of that child and his stupid sister. If she can't study then she doesn't have to try." After a pause he continued

"Her stupid brother took my friend's life!!" he raged throwing everything off the table.

Shit!!!

<••••••••••••••••>

Please vote if you liked the chapter 🥺