Chapter 53 : Reunion

The guests were told about the condition. Many didn’t care but many of them argued about the situation. Hakim’s friends and family members were unsatisfied by the decision.

“It was supposed to be Hakim’s marriage!!” One of his friends said.

“Yeah, many people don’t know much about the bride and groom's families so they don’t care but we who are here just for our pals wedding care! It’s stupid! The families have gone nuts!!” The other said.

“But what can we do.” A voice hit their ears. They looked back and saw a third person joining them. It was Talha.

“What can we do huh? It’s the family’s decision and by the way this decision was made just because of your pal’s ill wittedness.” He said while pouring some drink.

“This wedding is a mess. The food was dined before the wedding ceremony and now people have started to leave. That’s absurd.” Talha took a sip and smirked.

Talha was drinking when his eyes caught sight of a women and two children roaming around.

“oh Aunty!!!!!” Talha shouted. The woman looked at him.

“Talha.” She ran to him. Talha also walked to her. He caressed the children and told Zain’s mother about the decisions and stuff.

Her mother was shocked and she didn’t know what to do. As an  obligation in the religion her mother needed money to fulfill some obligations. Zain's mother and Hania’s father had a brief conversation about the issues in the presence of Talha who was listening and advising the parents.

After all the issues were resolved the only thing which was left was the ceremony. The families and guests took their seats and Hania was bought to the stage with her folks. In no time the groom’s side also walked in. Everything felt so exhilarating. Talha and Saif were walking beside Zain accompanied by his family and some relatives who managed to attend the wedding.

“Zain how do you feel?” Talha whispered.

Zain who was frozen and trembling from head to toe with nervousness just nodded.
Talha giggled.

“You sure are excited dude. Well one day I’m gonna be like this too I guess.”

Saif was staring at Zain’s fracture.
Sure dude. You really fxxked up for a while though. He thought.
Soon he and Hania were sitting together signing their marriage certificates. Both of them didn’t even glimpse at each other the whole time. Hakim was too embarrassed to attend the wedding so he stayed outside the hall. He was staring at the night sky with a cigarette in his mouth.

“Well well, Zain you won. Are you watching Hamza this all started cuz of ya but now I Hakim Mehmood ended it myself just because of you who has taunted me in my dreams. You dxckhead!” Hakim laughed.

“Just see how the night changes.” He sighed. He was exhaled the smoke when he felt someone stop beside him. He looked at his side and saw Saif pulling out his vape. He then put it in his mouth, looked at Hakim and chined up.

“What?” Hakim asked.
Saif moved his head left and right. Hakim than continued his smoke.

“The ceremony was completed successfully.” Saif said.

“So what?”

“Nothing I thought of telling ya.”

“Do I know you?”
Saif smirked and moved closer to Hakim. So close that their noses touched.

“Look closely. I think you know me.”
Hakim pushed him away with a grimace.

“I dropped your girlfriend home. I wanted to tell ya that she hasn’t been true with you for a moment.”
Hakim immediately looked up at him.

“What do you mean?!”

“She and you are no different. You wanted revenge from Hamza so you bothered Zain. She wanted revenge from Harim so she bothered Hania. Well, kind of, but in the end she turned the card.”

“What the heck are you spewing.”
Saif pushed Hakim back by his chest,

“Forget it. It’s a complicated topic. All I want is to tell you is that you are alone now. No one is by your side. You wronged yourself in front of others and in your own eyes.”

Hakim was at a loss of words. Saif took his leave. He was walking away when he stopped mid way.

“By the way I like strong men! And I’m single!” he sniggered. Hakim gasped with a surprising smile.

“So what!” he shouted.

“Nothing! Just thought you should know!”

“What’s your name!”

Saif turned around and smirked.

“Saif Ahmed.” He paused and said,

“Remember?” he than walked away.
Hakim tilted his head. He was trying to remember who he was when suddenly his eyes opened. He looked up but Saif had already left.

“Saif? Saif! Hey wait!!” he ran inside.
Now to the couple. The dinner was served. Hania was looking at the food which she could see from under her designed dupatta. She slightly looked at side and saw Zain’s hand on his lap. She could hear his voice. Zain was talking to his friends. Talha and others.

She was gazing at it all reddened. He than moved his hand and picked up a sweet from the table and moved it to Hania. She gasped in astound, nervousness and coy.

Is he giving it to me? Should I take it? What if he isn’t? What if he is? Ahhh what should I do now! She thought. Zain then moved his hand closer to her.

AHHHRRR HE WAS GIVING IT TO MEEEE!!! HOW STUPID OF ME! She immediately took it from his hand and put it in her mouth. He was looking cute. Her mouth was filled with the sweet and she was blushing.
I’m feeling soooo shyyyy how will I face him!! I don’t even know how he looks currently. I. Just. Can’t.!!! I can’t raise my head!!! She thought while chewing the sweet.

After everything the wedding ended. Now it was time for departure. Hania was meeting her family, her parents. Everyone was wishing her and praying for her good future while Zain was being acknowledged by Hania’s father. Meanwhile Saif and some other boys went to Zain’s house for room decorations and quick cleaning. Hakim accompanied him
Saif was putting some flowers in the vase and Hakim was sticking some on windows.

“ahhr I can’t believe it’s you!” Hakim exclaimed. Saif was smiling.

“Its been a long time!! I remember when we both used to wet our pants in pre-school and the teacher would kick us out haha.” Hakim laughed.

“ Yeah and once we stole from miss Sheila’s purse when she went to restroom!” Saif giggled. Hakim walked to him and clutched him. Saif looked around and hugged him back. Hakim than put his forehead on Saif’s shoulder and shed into tears.

“You don’t know how much I missed you when you left in fifth grade. We spend a lot of days together. Running away from school, getting caught and punished by the teachers. It was hard to forget you.” Hakim Bemoaned.
“It was hard for me too. When I went to new school I quit the thug acts. I became more like a shy introvert student. I missed our fighting, our fear over other students. Everyone thought I was weak and taunted me but I didn’t do anything. I just didn’t like to do those stuff without ya.”
Hakim moved back with a wide smile.

“Hey now that we’re reunited why don’t we do this stuff again?!”
“You gotta be kidding me.” Saif moved him back.

“Why not. There’s always a reason for something. Nothing happens without a reason. We both need each other again. There must be something right!!! It’s been years!!!!!” Hakim laughed.

Saif smiled at him. Both of the Friends then talked and joked the whole time. It was what we call a reunited friendship.

<•••••••••••••>

Please vote if you liked the chapter 🥺❤️