Chapter 28: Nothing's same now

Everything changed. Zain was all numb. He was kinda emotionless, got agitated with things easily. Talha was careful around him too. He used to say every word carefully. Everything changed.
Weeks passed. The next month was on the go. Hania didn't reached to Zain once. She heard about Hamza from Harim.

"What really oh Allah!"

"That's quite sad. Zain is not the same anymore. Did he called you?"

"No not once. I think he doesn't care anymore and so as I now. I should stop keeping false expectations."

"That's sad. I'm worried for both of you a lot."

The next day Hakim's family came to her house. They threw a small party. The two families were enjoying except Hania. She was worried. Really worried about Zain. She tried to call him many times but couldn't reach him.

Where the hell are you!!!

She wanted to give up but didn't really wanted to do so.

She was confused.

Hakim walked to her and put his hand out. She looked at it and raised her head. He was smiling at her.
"Wanna go out?"

She nodded and stood up. They went to the garden.

"I heard about Hamza." He said walking. She looked at him.

"And seriously I'm not joking really I cried a lot after hearing that I swear. I know that I used to pressurize Hamza alot. I asked him for money but I liked him. The way he was ready to fight but couldn't haha." Hakim blissed pondering over the memories.

She was listening to him.

"I really feel sad for Zain too." He uttered,"I really admired their friendship. I don't know how he's doing without him. I don't see him at college too now a days. He just comes a day and is absent on another."

"That's unusual." She said putting a strand behind her ear. he turned to her.

"I know but the thing is I know how it feels to loose someone close. I lost my sister."

"Yeah I remember."

"It hurts a lot. You don't feel like alive for a while."

Hania sighed and walked inside. He was left there.

Zain. He spend most of the time in his room with his phone locked in his drawer but that day he finally picked it up.
"Who?"

"Zain. It's me Hania."

"Sorry."

"WAIT!!! Plz don't hang up. Plz. I really am sorry for what happened. Im fine now you don't have to worry about me anymore. I've suppressed my feeling for you."

"You like me?"

"Wasn't it obvious?"

"No."

Then the girl chuckled Which made Zain flustered for a bit.

"I thought so. Well, I grew feelings for you but now I think it's fine."

Zain started weeping.

"Wait are you crying?!"

"I like you too."

"I know." She said.

"Can't we be together? I- I've lost someone already I don't wanna-"

"You tried well." She said and hung up with tears in her eyes.

So that's love.

Zain wiped his tears and took a deep breath.