Chapter 54: We are married

It was 1am. All the families had left to Zain’s house. Some undone traditions were completed there and Zain and Hania were allowed to spend their night as official husband and wife. Both of their parents including some main members of the families, Saif, Talha, Harim and Hakim were there too.

Zain was sitting on the bed with Hania who was still to shy to look at him. Zain was trying to peek at her face but couldn’t because of the veil. He than frowned. He zapped the veil of her face.

“Oh come on!! You act like you’ve never seen me before.” Zain complained.

Hania was all reddened. She frowned back and twisted her fingers.

“Still! We are a married couple now. How can you complain like this and you stupid man!” she smacked his arm, “ What’s with this fracture!!” She pointed at his right arm.

“How can you do such a thi…” and she burst into tears. Zain looked at her with concern. He placed his hand on her cheeks and said

“Hey hey don’t cry. See I’m alive and I’m fine too. It’s fine, it doesn’t hurt a bit I swear. Just look at me.” Hania wiped her tears off and looked at Zain.

Zain was gazing at her and she was gazing at him back. It was supposed to be romantic when suddenly Zain burst into laughter.

“Hahaha!!!!! Look at your face Hania. All your eye makeup is ruined!!!” He was literally roaring. He was laughing so hard that he was about to fall from the bed.

This made Hania so embarrassed that she just got off the bed and rushed to the restroom. Zain was trying to stop his continuous roars.
Hania looked at herself in the mirror. She was crying.

“This man! How can he say that. It hurts. That’s so rude.” She aggressively rubbed her eyes. She than started splashing water on her face.

“I never expected my first night of marriage to be like this.” She whined. She was rubbing her makeup off when her eyes opened. He looked in the mirror and saw Zain behind her. He held her waist with her right hand. He than put his head on her shoulder.

“I’m sorry but thanks for making me laugh for the first time in a long while.” He uttered in a low tone.
Hania was staring at him. She than closed the tap and slowly placed her hand on his head.

“It’s it’s fine. I- I..  I’m happy to hear that.” She said bashfully. After 2 minutes of complete reticence Zain said

“Change into something comfortable and let’s sleep than.” He said while moving back. Hania nodded. Both of them were staring at each other.

“Aren’t you leaving?” Hania asked. Zain smiled in a confused way. He than asked her to help her open his fancy clothes. Hania first looked around bashfully.

Ahhrr what are you asking me Zain!!! How can I just open your clothes. Jeez she thought while biting her finger.
Zain was staring at her with a straight face.

“Hania.” He called, “ I’m not naked. I’m wearing a vest.”

Hania than immediately moved closer to him. She felt embarrassed. She than looked around at the fancy groom dress while figuring out how to open it. She saw some hidden hooks. She smirked confidently and than started to unhook them. Zain was gazing at her. He was so contented that his heart was Beating like crazy!

I still think it’s a dream!!! I can’t just express how happy I am by seeing you being and called my wife!!! I just don’t have words!!! He thought. He was smiling continuously over his thoughts.

“Here you go. It’s open!” she clapped while moving back. Zain looked at himself and nodded.

“Thanks.”