Chapter 43: triumph

It was night and Harim didn't come for dinner. Her father asked about her.

"I think she's way to serious about this."

"This is not something serious. It's just some childish teenage affection and nothing else. I don't want to see my daughter getting involved in such unrealistic stuff. I'm going to make her a doctor. She's going to make our name proud in the family."

"She didn't eat lunch either and that boy has called 15 times in a row."

"You didn't pick it up did you?"

"I accidentally did once. But when I did he hung up himself without saying a word."

"Whatever. Just go and drag her out of that room. How long is she going to act like an arrogant child?"

"I think we shouldn't take a discussion like this. I'll suggest you to give it a thought. That boy is a medical student himself. His parents looked rich and educated and he himself is good looking and in good shape."

"I don't know, I don't like him. I just don't and I'm hundred percent sure he will end up taking care of his father's business in future. He doesn't give me that doctor vibe."

"You don't like him or you don't like them dating?"

This time she didn't receive an answer. The man continued with his food. He finished up, washed his hands and went to the entrance. He opened a box and took out the emergency keys. He grabbed them and rushed to Harim's room.

He opened the door with the keys. He walked in and saw Harim sitting on the table and staring at Talha's picture on the wall with tears in her eyes.

"What are you doing?" his dad said with a stiff deep voice. Harim jumped of the chair in sudden fluster. She looked at her dad and stood in front of the small photograph on the wall.

"Why are you not coming for dinner?"

"I- I'm not hungry."

"Stop lying. You are always hungry."

" I'm not right now."

"Harim, stop being so stubborn and look at the issue from my point of view."

"Why should I?"

"Harim. I'm your dad."

"I know. I've never talked to you like this but I just realized something today. I realized that you should speak for yourself or else you will never get what you wish for."

"That's disrespectful Harim. I never expected you to be rude to your parents just because of a boy."

"I'm not being rude. It just took me a long time to realize it and just put him aside for a moment please. What about my dream of becoming a sportswoman? When I asked you to let me be one you refused and said that girls don't do such stuff and I should become a stupid doctor!"

"Shut up!"

"I'm sorry father but this time I know what I have to do. Seeing my friend losing her love and having an arranged marriage is pissing me off already. I won't let the same thing happen to me. Dad you have to accept the reality and let me go."

"Let you go? Wow so now you are this grown up and it's getting suffocating to obey and live with your parents."

" I'm just asking you to accept Talha."

"Listen Harim, no means no."

"Dad. Do you know what friends are for? They are there to open your eyes. I've got friends who are struggling a lot because of such stubbornness."

"Harim! Now you're crossing the line!!"

"What have I done wrong dad! Just freaking tell me this one thing!! You didn't allow me to follow my dreams and now when I found love you are against that too. Don't you both love me even a little bit?" Harim grieved and left the room.

Her father was at a loss of words. Although he was boiling he was still thinking over her daughter's words.

Days were passing by. Everyone was separated. No one was together anymore. Zain finally gave up. He just realized that it was no use to try anymore as only two weeks were left. Nothing could be changed now. Talha was struggling to get in contact with Harim but he couldn't.

It was Tuesday, Hakim was sitting in his room and scrolling though the feed when his sight caught something majestic. It was Anum's post. He clicked on her account and scrolled through it. He liked all of them.

"Oh gosh you are definitely hot!" he said while cuddling the pillow. Later, he was busy Playing game when a notification appeared. It was a message from Anum.

'Why did you like my posts?'

'cuz you look beautiful 😍'

'Ewww'

'Ik Ik you're like this, take your time.'

'Hakim aren't you getting married??'

'yeah I'm.. I don't want to you know, it's just that the girl is begging to marry me haha'

Anum smirked at the message and called Hakim. He got excited. He picked the call up.

"So why are you going for it?"

"What should I do then.. the one whom I want to marry doesn't like me."

"And who is she?"

"Anum Mehmood."

"Fxxk"

"hahaha" Hakim chuckled. Hearing the boy laughing the girl joined her.

"How long have you liked me for?"

"Don't ask.. since I took your clip."

"Since then!?"

"Yeah."

"So can I see you again?"

"You wanna date?"

"No I mean I'm not that easy to get but I like your attitude."

"Really?"

"Yeah. So what do you think?"

"Yeah!!! I'm up for it! Let's go! I'll message you the plan. Bye see you." Hakim hung up and cuddled the pillow bashfully. He really liked Anum.

"What should I do. She is totally my type duh!!! But what if we really get to date. What will I do with Hania. Shit now I don't want to marry her. If I remember I just pretended to like her just to play with Zain and Hamza. At the end I kind of won. Zain lost the fight. All I have to do is just quietly refuse for the marriage if Anum really agrees."

The next day Hania took a bath. She went to the balcony and stood there with her eyes closed feeling the wind passing through the gaps of her wet hair. She was looking like a goddess for a moment. She was smiling as if she was in some kind of a fairytale.

"Just imagining us together gives me chills." She sighed in coy. She was looking at the trucks carrying decorative stuff.

"I wonder what will happen next. Will I really have to give up?" she said

Something is exhilarating here. She thought with a smile and went in.

<••••••••••••>

Please vote if you liked the chapter 🥺❤️