Chapter 33: Proposal

Hakim was thinking. For the first time in his life he was actually considerate.

"Yes she is right. I don't like her I just wanted to make Zain feel pathetic and a looser." He said frowning.

"But why? Why did I wanted this. Is it because that girl was like my sister all the time and she liked a guy." He was talking to himself in an isolated room. He was pondering over every little detail of his life when all of a sudden a smile strikes on his face.

"Anum." He uttered bashfully. The face that appeared in his mind.

"That girl. I kinda liked her. She was just like me. A confident hypocritic girl." He mumbled

"She is beautiful. Black long hair with red highlights. Sharp winged eyes. Bloody red lips. Just like an e-girl ready to murder someone." He praised the girl.

"Ahhh guess she was my crush. Or she is?" He said standing up. He rubbed his neck and slightly smacked his head.

"Idiot. Now you are going to get married. What are you thinking."

He then glanced at the engagement ring in his finger.

"So, should I bother thinking?" He murmured and walked away.

Zain was busy studying. It was hard to focus but still he was trying. He was studying with a very tense expression on his face. All the books scattered around on his desk with empty cups of coffee. He was so exhausted that he yawned more than four times in just five minutes. After solving a problem more than five times he threw the pencil on the desk and lay back on the chair stretching his arms.

"Ahh I'm tired." He said closing his eyes tightly. After that he head downed on the desk staring outside the window.

"It feels so heavy." He said with dismal and then closed his eyes for a nap.

The steps were being taken on a road. He was looking around at the unfamiliar place. He looked at himself. It was dark.

Am I going anywhere? What's with this fracture and dress?

He thought looking at his clothes. He then looked ahead and saw some men surrounding a car. He looked around. At the sky, the surrounding. It was a highway with that one car at night.

"What am I doing here-wahh." He couldn't complete his words as he started running with a sudden jerk. All Zain could see was his feet racing towards the car.

Why am I going there!! Zain stop!!

He thought forcibly stopping himself as he saw the people with black dangerous masks and guns in their hands.

STOP!!

But all he was doing was running.

SHIT...

He reached the car and shouted to stop. He then ran to the men.

What are you doing?! Why running to them!

He punched a man and then he woke up with a sudden bang.

It seemed like he fall from the chair. He looked around rubbing his head.

"Ahh it hurts." He said when he felt damp on his hand. He looked at it and saw blood. He frowned.

"Did I fall that bad?" He said standing up. He walked downstairs for some refreshment. The hall and kitchen was empty. He looked around.

"I think all of them went for shopping."he smiled. He was walking around the kitchen while drinking water when his eyes caught something strange on the fridge. He walked closer and frowned at it. It was the crumbled marriage invitation pasted in 'upcoming events' column on the door.