Chapter 20: One last try

Zain was desperate. He took a day off just because he was thinking about the walk he had with the man. He was sitting in his room cuddled with the blanket. His mom knocked the door.
"Yes, come in."

She entered and slowly closed the door as if she was hiding from a mischievous criminal.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing."

"Why didn't you went to the college?" She said sitting down on the bed.

Zain moved back to make more space for his mother.

"I wasn't feeling well."

"Well?" Her mother zapped ahead and placed her hand on his forehead.

"You are fine. What's going on Zain."

"No-nothing! I swear."

"Well I guess I was right. I failed to win your trust." She uttered standing up.

"No! It's not like that." He said holding his mother's hand.

"Then tell me." She said smiling aimlessly.

Zain sighed and made her sit down.

"Is it about that girl again?" Her mother asked.

"N-no" Zain said bashfully

"Yes yes it is." She laughed smacking his son on his arm

"Mom!" He groaned rubbing his arm.

"What is it. Should I go to their house?"

"Yes, I mean No no need."

"Really?"

"Ahh I mean I want to but it's useless."

"Well you know what boy. It's like that if that girl was really interested in you then she wouldn't agree to just get married like that."

"But her family."

"Her family is not a problem. If she refuses then what else can they do. They will force her to some extent and then they'll give up too."

Zain was listening to his mom. During those 5 minutes he thought of every possible thing he could do + cursed his life a little bit too.

Her mother gazed at him and when she finally realized that the boy wasn't responding she left the room.

Zain was lost In his thoughts once again.

What should I do?

Hania's father was leaving for work. His wife hanged the coat on his shoulders and the man slide his arm in the right sleeve.
"Where is Hania?"he asked

"In her room." The woman answered

He looked up at the door.

"Hold this I'm coming." He said giving the bag to his wife. He walked upstairs, knocked the door.

Hania was reading a book. When she heard the knock she responded
"Come in."

Surprisingly it was her dad rather than her mom.

"Mom I was waiting for-" she said and ate her words when she saw his father standing.

"Ah dad!" She said standing up in astound.

"No no sit down. I just came to see what my daughter is doing."he said looking around.

"Ah yes." And sat down.

After some time he dragged a chair, placed it Infront of her and sat down.

"Well what were you reading." He said picking up the book.