Chapter 48: Witness

Three days were left for Hania’s wedding. Zain had finally given up on Hania. He had a talk with Talha and cheered for his great accomplishment. Seeing Talha win over the love of his life some what made him feel degraded and down. He felt as if he was useless and weak. Weak physically, mentally and some how spiritually too.

Next morning Zain woke up at 8 am. His barely opened eyes looked out the window. The early dawn sun ray were falling on his face. He ruffled his hair and yawned while stretching his arms. It was a weekend so he wore shorts and over sized comfy Black T-shirt. He walked down to the kitchen and saw his mother cooking while the siblings were watching the TV.

“What are you making?” he asked while pouring some water in a glass.

“Oh you’re here. Just some funky breakfast, Sweet egg breads.”

“Yum! I’ll have some too.”

“Why not! Go and take a seat.”

“No I’m going out. I’ll have it when I get back.”

“As you wish.”

And then Zain left the house. He walked to the roadside where there was a very popular tea shop. He walked into the shop while scratching his back and yawning simultaneously.

“Oh, guess you’re sleepy.” The ventor chuckled.

“Yeah I slept late. I’ll have a cup of hot garlic tea.”

“Sure. Just wait a second.”

Zain nodded and sat down on a stool In front of the counter. He was looking around the busy morning people talking, laughing, joking. The shop had people of every age group. There were workers having tea and students of high school joking around. A group of aunties who were having a society meeting and collecting committees. It was a mesmerizing place to be at that moment.

The ventor brought Zain his tea. He thanked him and took a sip. It was a  strong flavor and left a refreshing effect on the boy. “Ahhh~” he reacted with a smile on his face.
He took another sip when his sight caught something unbelievable. It was Hakim sitting on one of the many tables alone. He seemed like he was waiting for someone. Zain immediately rolled up. He held the cup In front of his face and peeked at Hakim. Later a girl walked to him.

AHHHRR!!!! Zain screamed internally.
It wasn’t Hania but Anum.

WTF!!!!

Hakim smiled at the girl and both of them held each other’s hands while talking and laughing.

“What the fxxk is this?! Isn’t he supposed to get married in three days !!!!!” Zain said while putting the cup on the counter with the money.

“Oh so that’s what you are Hakim Shafiq. Fxxking around with other girls when you are engaged and about to get married. I’m not gonna let this happen.”

Zain put his hand in his pockets and rummage around.

WHERE IS MY PHONE!!!! Zain thought. He then looked at his pockets and found them empty.

“Shit I forgot to bring it! Now what should I do!!”

He looked around and saw the ventor talking to a client. Zain rushed to him.

“Uncle Majid!!! Can I borrow your phone for a moment.”

“My phone? sure.” He pulled out his key pad Nokia.

“What is thisssss!!!!” it was another internal shock for Zain.

“Oh I use this. You know I belong to an old generation.”