Chapter 29

"What's all the yelling?" Carl ran forward. I reached out my hand, "I need help." He leaned down helping me up. "She's beyond wasted," Ron smiled. "Fuck you." I spat. Carl looked down at me, "Put your arm around me." I did as he said and Enid trailed behind us. "I hate him," I whispered. Trying to keep my vision steady.  "Leah how did you let him get you so drunk?" I immediately let out a cry, "he just did it, Carl." He nodded helping me towards our house.

"The three of you better stop right there." I sighed letting out more tears as Dad and Daryl walked up from behind us. "Enid you might wanna go," Carl whispered. "What the hell happened?" Dad asked Carl. I tried to wipe more tears but they wouldn't stop falling. "She's drunk." Daryl spat. "Leah Grimes, if you thought you were in trouble before you have no idea what's coming your way." I looked at the ground, "I'm sorry." He nodded, "oh you're going to be." My head was whirling and I let out another cry, Dad stepped forward grabbing me from Carl. "who was she with?" Carl pointed at Rons house, "they were alone, then when I went up to meet them all I heard was screaming." Dad nodded picking me up, "you two are going to bed, NOW."

I wrapped my arms around dads shoulder he lifted me up, making our way home. "I'm sorry," I whispered again. This time he ignored me. Carl walked straight up to his room and Dad put me on the couch handing me a cup of water. "Drink this." I took a few sips but the feeling of more liquid travelling down my throat made me sick.

I stood up stumbling towards our bathroom immediately getting sick. I held my hair back wiping my eyes once again. "Leah you alright?" Dad asked from outside. I shook my head, and he sat down beside me. I sniffled, "mom was always here when I was sick." This made him smile a bit, "mom would have been a little upset with you this time." I nodded, "I didn't mean to." He placed his hand on my back as I threw up again. "I know you didn't."

After about twenty minutes he got up grabbing me a garbage bag. "Why don't we go upstairs you can try and sleep." He helped me up the stairs and led us into his room. I sat down on the bed and the moment he sat down beside me I burst into tears again. "Leah, everything's going to be alright. You're not in trouble." He sighed wrapping his arms around me hugging me closely, I leaned my head on his shoulder. "I'm a terrible person, Ron used every single thing I told him against me in this game. Even mom." Dad nodded, "you're not terrible at all." I nodded, "Yes I am, I've been a terrible daughter and sister." Dad smiled at how crazy I was being, "no you're one of the best daughters I could ask for." I tried to wipe more tears, "I'm sorry." He nodded, "you've mentioned, why don't you try and get some sleep." I put my arms around him, giving him one more hug, "I love you." He kissed my forehead, "goodnight sweetheart." I bit my lip, "I'm sorry Dad." He didn't answer and I sighed, "I really am sorry

I turned the other way laying down, the room continued to spin but I closed my eyes enjoying the ride while I could.

As the sun crept through the next morning I pushed my hand on my head trying to keep it from pounding. I woke up remembering I was in dads bed. "Morning." Dad said holding a piece of toast and some water. As he passed them to me he said, "you and I are going to have a little chat downstairs when you're ready." I sighed taking a small bite of the bread.

After I had ate I threw on a sweatshirt meeting him downstairs. "Carl and Judith are out. You're going to tell me start to finish what happened last night." I nodded, "Ron had made a plan that we'd leave the party early and we did, but Carl and Enid stayed a bit longer. He pulled out a bottle of whiskey when we got back and made us play this drinking game. It was one I watched Beth and Daryl play, and then he kept bringing up everything that had happened and I just wasn't thinking straight, I'm sorry." He nodded, "thank you for being honest. That's never going to happen again are we understood." I agreed, and he sat down on the couch patting the spot beside him. "I'm sure how you're feeling today is punishment enough." I lay down on his lap, trying to ignore the pounding in my head.

The door opened and we watched Daryl walk in, "There she is. Hey it's almost noon, you want a drink." I gave him a small smile, "hello to you as well." He sat down on the chair beside us, "you know what my dad would've done if I did that." I watched as he made a whipping motion. "would've smartened my ass up." Dad scoffed, "I should've, all night all I heard was Im sorry, I'm such a terrible daughter." This made me smile, "well at least I was being honest." Daryl shook his head, "No you're not a terrible kid, everyone makes mistakes even the sheriffs daughter." Dad nodded, "One that will never be made again." I agreed, "Never."

"I think you should stay away from that Ron guy." Daryl said. "I doubt I'm allowed out of the house anyway." Dad smiled, "of course you are, to do chores, help out." I rolled my eyes, "wonderful." Daryl stood up, "your dads going easy on you, better thank him. Stay out of the booze."

"Are you leaving dad?" I asked. He shook his head, "Nah I think I'm going to stay right here for a while, maybe throw on an old western movie." I nodded pulling the blanket up as he rubbed my back,