Chapter 92

The three of us walked for hours until Connie stopped pulling out her paper. "He caught up with them." Daryl and I nodded, "there was a struggle."

The dog that had grown attached to Daryl climbed down into the ditch beside us barking at Henry's stick. "Good dog." Daryl whispered. I sighed looking down, a thousand thoughts were racing through my head about what was happening to him right now. "We need to move faster." I said. Daryl shook his head, "we need to be cautious." I took a step forward, "I already lost his brother. I am not losing him too."

Connie put her hand on my shoulder giving me a reassuring smile and I just bit my lip looking at Daryl for our next move. He led us up behind a tree where we watched two whisperers drag bodies to an area in the open land, one of them lead a group of walkers to them and I watched as they left the walkers to themselves and these bodies. "That wasn't Henry right?" I whispered squinting to see. Daryl shook his head, "nah, that's not him."

Daryl led us out to the walkers quickly killing three and dragging them back to us. I knelt down stabbing my knife into the walkers face and carefully carving the skin off. As it began to get darker I hesitantly slid the skin over top of my head immediately wanting to rip it off. We moved towards the herd and very slowly moved in on the whisperers camp.

As soon as I heard a scream I knew there was enough distraction I could find Henry. I looked around finding Lydia first, slowly I made my way over there and as I got closer I saw Henry beside her. Daryl grabbed his arm, "lets go we're leaving." Henry shook his head, "not without Lydia." I scoffed, "Henry she is not coming." He shrugged, "then I'm not either." I bit my lip, "we don't have time for this. Move. Now."

I pushed the two of them forward and once we made it far enough away we took off in a run putting as much distance between us as we could. I stopped when Henry fell in front of me tripping on a root. "You alright?" I asked offering him my hand. He shook his head, "this isn't the way to Hilltop." Daryl nodded, "we ain't going back there. Tara made a deal with those assholes and we just broke it." Lydia agreed, "Alpha would destroy that place trying to get me back." Daryl pointed his finger at her, "you didn't tell us there were that many of you." She scoffed, "you kept me locked in a cage, what did you expect I wasn't going to betray my own people." I laughed, "then go back to them. Henry didn't know what the hell he was getting himself into. But you sure as hell did." Lydia nodded, "I thought I could go back, I can't." Daryl raised his eyebrow, "well you ain't coming with us."

Henry reached out grabbing her hand, "you and I can run. They can't blame hilltop if we just disappear." I sighed, "there's no way in hell I am letting you run away with her." Henry scoffed, "Benjamin would have done it for you. and you qwould have let him, maybe if you never showed up at all, I would still have him." I looked at Henry, "I had nothing to do with what the saviours did to Benjamin. You're just saying things hoping you can hurt me, but you can't. We need to move. Now." Connie nodded, and began walking and we followed behind. Henry turned to look at me, "I can't leave her out here. You of all people should understand how she feels." I scoffed, "and why's that?" He shrugged, "she's lost right now, hurting and confused. You can't tell me you haven't felt like that. You lost my brother, Carl and your Dad almost all at once." I stopped walking, "maybe you're right, but stop using those things against me when you're angry. You have to understand that maybe I was all those things but I am not like her." He shrugged, "I don't think you're too different." I shook my head, "maybe you don't know me as well as you think." He nodded, "my mom has told me a lot about you. I know a lot. I know you were always a good fighter, I know for the past five years you've been looking for your dad." I cut him off, "is there something else you want to talk about." Henry gave me a small smile, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said the things I did." I nodded, "no you shouldn't have."