Chapter 94

The five of us began the journey to Alexandria which only took a few hours, with Henry leaning on my shoulder almost the entire time. When we got to the gates, I looked up as one of the guards shook their heads. I didn't know this man very well but he knew who I was. "Why did you bring her here. You know how we feel about new comers, especially someone like her." Daryl stepped forward, "Yeah Leah knows all about why we don't let new people in. Go get Michonne. Now."

I watched as he climbed down and I sighed looking down at Henry's leg, "how bad does it hurt?" He scoffed, "it doesn't feel great Leah." I watched as the gates slowly opened and I handed Henry off to Lydia and Connie. "Take him straight to the infirmary. I'll be there in a bit."

Michonne watched closely as the three of them walked by, and I stepped forward wrapping my arms around her. She held me tightly rocking back and forth, "what happened to you?" I shook my head still holding on, "they came for Lydia, Henry took off after her then we had to save them both. They followed us to a building, we had to fight." She pushed hair out of my face, staring at my forehead where Beta had hit me with a pipe. "Where's your shirt?" She whispered grabbing my shoulders. I sighed, "around Henry's leg. I'm fine I promise." She stepped back observing me, "you have a little brother and sister who won't stop talking about you, I think they'd want to see you." I smiled pulling away from her and heading home.

As soon as the door opened I saw both of them lift their heads from their homework and turn to look at me. "Leah." Judith whispered immediately pushing her chair back and running into my arms. I held out my other arm for RJ who followed closely behind. I hugged them both closely to me, breathing in the smell of their freshly washed hair. "You're bleeding." Judith said putting her hand against my forehead. I nodded, "I'll be fine." RJ, refused to let go of me, "why did you leave?" I looked down at him, "I had to help my friends." Judith nodded, "aren't we supposed to be your friends too?" I smiled, "of course, but you didn't need help. I know how safe you are here."

She walked to the table pulling out a piece of paper from her notepad, handing it to me. "Are you going with them?" I nodded slowly taking the paper from her. Judith nodded, "of course you are. Everyone is leaving." I shook my head, "I always find my way back Judith. They need my help right now." She sighed, "I miss you all the time. Mom always tells me stories about you, how come I never get to live them. You're never here." I put my hand on her shoulder, "Judith, I love you to the moon and back a billion times, and I'm sorry. I want to stay here, but I couldn't live with myself if I let them go alone and something happened. I'll be back. I promise." She held out her pinky finger, and I held mine up too, "I love you too Leah."

I gave her a small smile and held out my hands for both of them. "Daryls here. I'm sure you want to see him." She nodded pulling away leaving me and RJ, and Michonne walked over to us. "Are you going with them?" She asked me. I nodded, "for a little bit." She gave me a small smile, "you're so much like them." I looked at her, "like who?" She bit her lip, "your father, Carl. Going out and helping this girl, even though she's not one of us. Just be safe." I smiled, "I'll be back."

I turned as Daryl placed a hand on my shoulder, "you sure you don't want any stitches." I shook my head, "I'm fine. We need to get going." He nodded, and I watched as Lydia helped Henry get down the steps. Judith walked up to me, "please don't leave." I sighed kneeling down and wrapping my arms around her. "Judith I told you, you'll see me again. Soon." She held out her pinky, "promise?" I nodded, "I promise." I then gave RJ one more hug before pushing myself back up. Connie gave me a thumbs up and the group of us began walking out the gates and towards the Kingdom.