Chapter 64

Dad knelt down grabbing the keys off this mans chest and unlocking the door next to us. I watched as he carefully opened it, and I looked inside to see a crib holding a sleeping baby. My breaths became shakier and I stared down at the little girl. "Oh my god Dad. Oh god." I turned around grabbing onto my knees. "You just killed her father, Dad." He put his hand on his mouth, "Gracie, No." I shook my head wiping blood off my face. "Don't look at her, look at me," he whispered. I bit my lip staring at my Dads shoulder. My knees felt wobbly and I struggled to walk away from the girl.

"She's a fucking baby. She doesn't have a Dad anymore." I whispered. He nodded, "take deep breaths, do it with me." I could feel him shaking too.

I shook my head, "I want to get out of this room, get me out." He softly grabbed my arm pulling us out. "I want to bring her, we can't just leave her," I whispered. He knelt down, "you can't fight holding a baby. That's how you're going to get killed. I promise you we are coming back for her, but I'm not losing my child in the process either." I nodded, and he stood up pushing my gun into my chest. "Head out."

We walked into an empty room and I grabbed a photo immediately recognizing Moralas from Atlanta, when the world first ended. "Keep your hands by your side." A voice growled. Slowly I turned around coming face to face with Moralas himself. "Hi Rick, hi Leah." Dad put his hands up, "you were in Atlanta when it all went down." He just stared back at Dad, "that was a long time ago Rick. I'm going to call the saviours back now. It's over."

I watched as he held up his walkie and Dad stood there unresponsive. Morales then grabbed me quickly pushing a knife up against my neck. "You make any sudden movements, your girl dies."

I tried to push his arm away from me but he was obviously much stronger. As I fought back he pushed the knife deeper into my neck. "Dad," I whispered panicked trying to get him to focus on me. "Don't move, don't talk, don't even breathe or this knife goes through you." I bit my lip trying my best to slow my breathing.

"Put your weapons down Rick." Dad slowly bent down setting his gun and knife on the ground. "So you're the Rick from Alexandria, this whole time it's been you." Dad nodded, "there's no need to call your men in, it's just me and Leah." Morales shrugged "did you hear what I just said? When I saw it was you, it was no blast from the past. As soon as I saw you, I knew you'd made the same trip as me from there to here. I guess we aren't the same guys we used to be, because you're a monster. I called them back because your a prize Rick, we don't kill you, the king, the widow, or your little girl here. But she's the one Negan hates the most, so if I accidentally slit her throat... well then no one would be to upset. So why are you here Rick? You're always the guy willing to rush in, why? What are you looking for? You know what it doesn't matter... either way we're gonna settle your shit peaches."

I released my grip on Morales dropping my arms to my side making him laugh. "See Rick even your daughters given up." I shook my head, "no I haven't." I felt the knife get pushed deeper into my skin making me tip my neck up. "Any last words for your daddy? Negan ain't gonna let you live girly."

I stayed unresponsive staring at my Dads blank face. Slowly I mouthed, "kill him. I'm fine Dad. I'll be fine." Dad sighed, "don't give them to her. Leah isn't a part of this. Not willingly." He just laughed, "my family they never made it to where we were going." Dad nodded, "I'm sorry.. I am, I've lost people too, Lori, Shane, Andrea Glenn. Negan killed Glenn, forced him to his knees, bashed his head in, in front of his pregnant wife, shes the widow. Are you Negan too?" Morales scoffed, "I lost my family, I lost my mind. I went and hid in a trailer and waited to become nothing. Then the saviours found me, they thought I was worth saving. So yeah, I am Negan. I'm doing what I have to do to survive. Just like you." Dad shook his head, "we're not the same." Morales laughed, "look at us, we're two assholes that will do whatever we have to do to keep going. The only difference is I'm holding the gun. If it was you holding the gun I would be brains dead on the floor right now." Dad sighed, "you don't know that, I wouldn't want to."

Morales smiled, "is that the best you can do? It's your daughters life here at stake. Everyone else you mentioned they're all dead, just like officer friendly, and just like me. Maybe Leahs stayed the same, but it won't last." I watched as Dads face changed completely, "WAIT. NO." I squeezed my eyes as I felt myself being dragged down with Morales. His body fell on top of me and I grabbed my neck to see spots of blood covering my hands.

Daryl stood over top of me and Dad threw Morales out of the way leaning down to me. "It's not deep. You're alright." I used his arm to stand up wrapping my arms around him. "Its over, he's dead." I shook my head, "he lost his entire family." Dad placed his hand on the back of my head, "don't think about it."