Chapter 13

My head popped up as Daryl walked over to the car, he opened up my door standing in front of me. "Bye kid," he said. I looked at him confused, "what do you mean bye?" He shrugged, "going with Merle." I nodded, "your leaving us for him. The guy who did this to me and beat the shit out of Glenn." He didn't answer just squeezed my shoulder and walked away.

Dad angrily got into the car and began driving and I stared out the window peeking my head up as we approached the prison. Carl stood there and I quickly jumped out of the vehicle running into his arms. "You okay?" He asked. I nodded holding on tightly. Carl grabbed my hand pulling me inside the prison. We went straight to where Beth was holding Judith. "Are you okay?" Beth asked touching my face softly. I nodded reaching out for my sister. "What's her name?" I asked. Carl wrapped me into another hug, "she's Judith." I nodded leaning my head against him. "Mom would've loved her." When she began to fuss I quickly returned the baby to Beth and made my way into my cell. I changed clothes and layed down immediately not bothering to clean my face up.

Hershel came in about an hour later, "and how are you doing sweetheart." I shrugged sitting up slightly. "I'm gonna take a look at your face is that okay?" I nodded, closing my eyes as he began dabbing my face with a cotton pad. "They do anything else to you?" I shook my head no, looking away. Hershel grabbed my hand, "if you need to talk about anything at all I'm here." I gave him a small smile then stood up, "thank you." He gave me a quick hug and we both walked out of the cell, I made my way outside to the courtyard where Carl and Beth were standing. "Hey," I said, they both turned around smiling at me. "What's up Leah?" Carl asked. I shrugged jumping back as I heard a bang. I looked to my left and saw Alex, an old prisoner fall to the ground dead. When I looked outside the fence I could see the governor and his army. Quickly I ran behind a wall loading my gun I pointed it out and began shooting wherever I heard gunshots coming from. As soon as it quieted down I looked out just in time to see a truck barrel through our fence, I started running to the nearest door holding it open for Carl and Beth. "We're okay," I whispered hugging Carl close to me. He nodded, "what about dad?" I sighed, "Dad's strong, he can handle himself and you know that." Carl just pulled me in closer, I rested my head on his shoulder and squeezed Beth's hand.

Shortly after Dad pushed through the door with everyone else, including Daryl and Merle. Immediately I was filled with anger, I stormed forward holding my gun up to Merle's face. "Fuck you," I screamed. He stepped back laughing at the same time dad pulled my arm down. "Leah, don't." I then turned my attention to Daryl, "what were you thinking bringing him back, asshole." Dad grabbed my arm pulling me away, "hey, just relax now." I bit my lip looking at him, he wrapped his arms around me pulling me close to him. "We'll be okay, I promise."

I walked away from all of them and sat on my bunk staring at the wall. I looked up as Daryl stood in my doorway. "what do you want?" I asked miserably. He shrugged, "How you doing kid?" I glared at him, "how do you think? Why would you bring him here, after he did this to me, and Glenn?" Daryl sat down beside me, "he's my brother Leah. I couldn't just leave him behind, I know what he did, but we can't change the past kid." I nodded, "if he hurts me or anyone I care about I'll kill him." He smiled, "I believe ya."

The next morning Dad decided to take Carl and Michonne on a run, I stayed at the prison and stood watch with Glenn up in the tower. "How do you feel about the governor?" Glenn asked. I shrugged, "his men hurt us, bad. This makes me sound like a bad person, but I want him dead." He nodded, "that doesn't make you a bad person Leah." I looked away, "I'm gonna go inside for a bit." Glenn grabbed my shoulder, "you okay?" I nodded pulling away, then went straight to my cell block, I picked up one of Carl's comic books and decided to read it.

Later on, I went for a walk to where Judith lay in her crib. No one else was around, they must have thought she was asleep. "I'm your sister," I whispered. She just stared up at me. "My names Leah. I get you probably haven't seen me a lot. It's not that I don't like you, it's that anytime I see you. I think of our mom." She reached her hand up to my finger, "I'll come around. I promise little ass kicker." I felt someone put their arm on my shoulder, I looked up to see Daryl. "Hope you come around soon, she's pretty dang cute."