Chapter 95

After we had walked further into the forest Lydia looked over at me. "Why are they so afraid of taking new people in there? Why did the man say you knew why you shouldn't have brought me there?" I sighed looking down at my feet feeling them begin to drag as I slowed down a bit remembering everything that happened with the children.

I was leaving to ride out to the bridge one morning, only a few months after my dad had died and I heard Michonne call my name. I saw another women standing beside her and with her she brought about a dozen little children. I rode over and Michonne introduced her as one of her friends from before. She seemed fine, she was normal, but she was hurt, at least she was pretending to be hurt.

Judith would sleep over with all the children several nights in a row. She loved them, everyone did. But then a week later Michonne went to get Judith and she was just gone. Her friend was, all the children were and worst of all Judith was with them. They had wiped the pantry and infirmary killing a guard in the process.

Michonne ran up to me begging for my help, I tried to convince her not to come with me on the search but she wouldn't budge. She was heavily pregnant with RJ at the time, and could only move so fast. We met Daryl halfway on the walk explaining everything quickly. For most of the journey we didn't have much to talk about, it almost felt strange us being together like we were, without Dad.

When I noticed Michonne start to breathe heavily I pointed at a park ahead, "let's stop here take a break." She shook her head, "no, no. I need to get to my daughter." I grabbed her arm, "she's my sister Michonne. I know we need to get her. But we can only move as fast as our weakest person which is you right now. So sit down." She sighed doing as I said and I sat down beside Daryl staring down at my feet as I pushed my swing back and forth. "We're gonna get all them kids back." I put my head in my hands thinking of all the worst possible scenarios, if Judith was gone, than I would have no family nothing left. I needed her, she was a reminder of what Dad wanted for us. I felt Daryls hand on my back, "Hey, you hear what I said? We're getting Judith back." I bit my lip, "I know."

Michonne stood up, "I'm good, let's go." I followed behind them for at least another half an hour until I saw a little girl, she tore off, and I sprinted following closely behind until I ended up at an abandoned school. "They're in here." Daryl whispered. Slowly the three of us pushed open the entrance doors and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a group of children holding a variety of weapons, two older boys, who weren't at Alexandria, held a bow up pointing arrows at the three of us.

"Where's Judith?" I whispered putting my hands up. I flinched when the one boy let the arrow go hitting Daryl in the shoulder. "Tie them up." Michonnes friend whispered.

I flinched as one of the older boys, looked about two years older than me aggressively grabbed my arms pulling me forward. He pushed me down to the ground tying my hands together slowly trailing his hands down my body before standing up again, and then upping me with him. He stood behind me his hands digging into my waist as he pushed me forward.

We turned right into a room where Daryl and Michonne were standing with their hands tied together above their heads. "What are you going to do to us?" I whispered. Michonnes friend glared over at me and the boy. "Gag her." I tried to clamp my mouth shut so he couldn't force the rag into my mouth. I flinched when he pushed a knife blade up against my lips. "Spread them, or I'll cut them open. Your choice."

I hesitantly opened my mouth and he tied the rag around the back of my head. I squeezed my eyes shut when I saw a young boy place a metal pole with a giant x inside a burning fire turned the end a bright orange.

I heard footsteps causing me to open my eyes again as the boy lifted Daryls shirt pressing it up against his back. I let out a small whimper when I saw how he was thrashing around trying to move away from the child. As he pulled the pole off his back my eyes opener wide seeing the giant burn glowing on his back. The boy then went back to the fireplace pushing it back in eyeing up Michonne.