Chapter 102

"Leah", I heard someone call from down the stairs. All three of us stood up, heading towards everyone. "Look we all agreed we should get moving. This weather isn't going to let up." Michonne informed us. "What way are we taking?" I asked. Jerry held up the map, and I shook my head, "that's Alphas land." Carol shrugged, "those are her borders not ours. Who's to say they're even here anymore?"

It was settled as much as I hated the idea we made our way to the river which appeared to be frozen over. "Hey," Alden whispered. I turned to look at him, "I'm sorry Alden, about Enid. I haven't had the chance to tell you." He nodded, "me too, I know how close you were."

As Daryl and Michonne were checking the ice I looked around noticing Lydia wasn't behind me anymore. I also realized Carol wasn't here. I saw footprints heading away from the bridge and immediately took off following them. I saw two figures standing on a bridge and as I got closer to them I saw Carol holding an arrow up. "CAROL. NO." I screamed as she lunged forward but I stopped when I saw she stuck it through a walker not Lydia.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked grabbing Lydias wrist. She sighed, "I'm sorry. I just got lost." I looked up at Carol and scoffed, "no you didn't. Let's go."

We made it back to the river and Daryl was waiting at the edge for us, "you guys alright?" We all nodded and I bit my lip to keep from shivering. Daryl raised his eyebrow, "you sure you're good Leah?" He reached out his arm and I accepted it taking in extra warmth as we continued to Hilltop.

By the time the light came up again the snow had stopped. Daryl gave me a small smile, "we made it." I couldn't help but sigh, "only one more stop till Alexandria."

It was hours later when we got to Alexandria and I fell to my knees when I saw Judith running towards us. I wrapped my arms around her holding on tight, "goodness I missed you." She picked up a chunk of snow throwing a ball in my face. I laughed rolling up a ball myself and tossing it at RJ.

I started to run from the two of them but Daryl caught me causing me to scream as he plunged me back down into the snow with Judith and RJ jumping on top of me.

"You two, give your sister a chance to warm up." Michonne laughed holding them away from me. I smiled, "who wants a hot drink?" Judith immediately grinned, racing me back to the house.

When we got there I changed into different clothes after I had a hot shower. I then listened as Judith told me about her night last night. It involved Negan taking off after her in the snowstorm. "You know he talked to me about you last night Leah." I rolled my eyes, "oh yeah, what did he have to say, anything worth hearing?" She nodded, "that I was lucky to have you as my sister." I scoffed, "is that so?" She smiled, "we talked about Carl a little. I can't remember him a lot. But I went into your room and looked at the pictures of us. I'm sorry." This made me laugh, "those were taken the same day we painted our hands on the deck." She looked over at the wood that was now nailed above our banister. "I read the letter he left you. That's what I am really sorry about." I sighed, "if anyone was to read that, I'm glad it was you." She looked down, "you two were really close weren't you? Was he your best friend?" I nodded, "he was absolutely my best friend, and he was the best brother I could have asked for. I wish you could've known him longer." Judith pulled the pictures out of her pocket, "I keep looking at them."

I grabbed the one out of her hand biting my lip as I observed it. A pain came from my chest as I ran my finger along his face. "I miss him a lot. I always wonder what it'd be like if he was here. I miss Dad just as much." Judith squeezed my hand, "mom always tells me stories about you, and them." I smiled, "and what are your thoughts?" She nudged me, "that you're the best sister I could have asked for."