Chapter 90

I listened in as she continued to tell Henry about how awful her father was, how he was weak, he deserved to die. I shifted up as Lydia asked Henry about his home. "What's it called, how far away is it?" Henry sighed, "it's called the kingdom, about a days ride from here."

Daryl jumped up pulling open the cell doors. I followed behind him as he pulled open Henry's cell. "Come on." I shut the cell behind them as Daryl dragged Henry outside. Lydia looked at me, and I stared down at her. "Henry's right you know. I never had a problem fighting for the people I loved. Not when it comes to their safety. I have had a problem with losing though. It's better to be honest than dead, wouldn't you think?" When she didn't answer me I walked outside to where Henry was getting in trouble.

"You were listening?" I heard Henry ask. I grabbed his arm, "we had to. You have people you love at the kingdom. What the hell were you thinking?" Henry scoffed, "Leah? You were in on this. You were using me?" Daryl nodded, "and it was working too." Henry shook his head, "she's a good person, who got messed up out there. And she's right about you Daryl, you're an asshole." He then turned to me, "and you, Leah, are not the same person my brother fell in love with." I yelled after him as he walked away, "the things that have happened, how could you expect me to be the same person he fell in love with." Henry shook his head, "you're supposed to just move on." I dropped my hands to my side, "how could you say that? The things that have happened, a person can't just move on from. You don't think I've tried?" When he didn't respond I rolled my eyes, and Daryl put his hand on my shoulder. "It's fine," I whispered. He nodded, "no it ain't. Saying shit like that, he wasn't there for any of it." I sighed, "that's why it's so easy for him to say. He wasn't there, he's just upset."

I saw Michonne walking towards us and I met her halfway. "You staying for a bit?" She asked. I nodded, "I want to be here to help in case anything happens." She pulled me into a hug, "I'll see you soon Leah." I held on, "tell Judith and RJ I love them, and I'll see them soon." Michonne stepped back, "they'll miss you." I smiled, "I'm not staying long." She sighed, "be safe. I love you." I nodded, "I love you too. Have a good ride back."

I walked back to Enid's as the sun was beginning to rise again. I saw her at the table holding her head in her hands. "You worried about Alden?" She sighed, "he knows how to handle himself, but I'm worried with these walker things around right now." I gave her a small smile, "they're going to look for him. He's smart, you have a good boyfriend." Enid smiled, "have you been with anyone?" I shook my head, "I don't even want to think about being with a guy." She sighed, "is it because of what happened?" I bit my lip, "I can't sleep unless I'm curled up in a tight ball, I'm scared if my legs are open, someone will just...." I stopped talking remembering how this boy stood over top of me, cutting my shirt off. He tied my hands up, and I fought back because my life depended on it. I remembered Daryl walking in on me exposed lifeless as this boy continued to put himself on top of me.

Enid squeezed my hand, "I shouldn't have even brought it up. I sighed, "Alden will be back Enid, don't worry." She gave me a small smile, "why don't you lay down you've been up all night." I followed her to her bed immediately falling asleep.

"Leah." I heard Daryl whisper waking me up. "I talked to Lydia. Got as much as I could." I slowly sat up, "what do you know?" He sighed, "her dad wasn't the asshole. Her mom beats her, says it keeps her alive and strong. They don't have a camp, and they don't stay anywhere long." I nodded, "you think that's the truth?" Daryl shrugged, "I think so. I don't think she's desperate to go back to her mom." I scoffed, "I don't think I would be either."