Chapter 35

When I woke up I rolled over and noticed Dad and Carl were gone. It looked like it was late afternoon already. I groaned sitting up looking at my arm, it didn't look infected but it didn't feel any better.

I stood up slowly pulling a new shirt on tucking my gun in my pocket. No one was downstairs either so I opened the door standing out on the porch. The breeze mixed with sunshine drifted onto my skin bringing a smile onto my face immediately. It made me almost forget the hundred of walkers gathered at our walls.

Instead of trying to find anyone I went for a walk to the far fence halfway there I spotted a light being flashed into Alexandria from the outside. "Glenn." I heard Maggie yell. I started to walk over to Maggie my dad and Deanna but a loud crack drew my attention to the clock tower I was standing under. "LEAH RUN." I immediately started sprinting trying to see where I was going between all the dust that had flown up. The growls were getting louder and I knew they were flooding in. "DAD." I screamed trying to get his attention. He held up his gun shooting walkers behind me. I pulled my gun out as I got to his side. "Where are we going?" I yelled shooting some as they got closer. "Follow me." I did as he said helping Deanna up after she had fallen. "Come on." I pleaded using all my strength to push walkers back. She used my arm to steady herself and we ran into Jessie's house with Michonne, Carl, Ron and Gabriel now behind us. Dad pushed me onto the ground, "Are you alright? What were you doing under that tower? You're supposed to be resting." He lifted my sleeve to look at the wounds. "They look good." He pulled me up holding me into his arms. "I almost lost you once, that was enough." I nodded pulling away grabbing onto Deanna. "She needs help Dad." Jessie grabbed all of our arms, "Upstairs, go quick. First room on the right."

Dad picked up Deanna setting her gently on the bed I closed the blinds grabbing Judith from Gabriel, I held her in my arms ignoring the stabbing pain from my wound, rocking her gently desperate to get her to stop crying. Dad pointed his finger at me, "give her back to him. I want you take guard." I did as he said walking downstairs to find Carl. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Trying to find Ron, I think he's in here." I opened the garage door seeing Ron bent over the work bench. Seeing him like that made me feel slightly bad for hating him so much. "What are you doing?" I whispered. "Everyone's dead. Enid's dead. and now we're all going to die." I put my hand on his shoulder, "my dads not going to let that happen." Carl nodded, "he's making a plan right now." Ron pushed me away from him. "Your dads going to get us all killed. He's a killer, you're a killer Leah, and so are you Carl." I stepped forward, "so was your father." Ron laughed making his way to the door, "you're dad, you two you're all dead." He turned the garage lock, "we're all dead." Ron spun around grabbing the gun out of his pocket pointing it at my head. Carl grabbed his hand and I screamed as the gun went off just missing my head. The window shattered and I grabbed Ron pushing him down. "CARL, LEAH OPEN THE DOOR NOW." Carl knocked a shelf over and tools were falling everywhere. I watched as walkers took down the gate surrounding the broken door.

Dad kicked the door open at the same time walkers were filing in. I sprinted forward reaching for dads hand as he pulled me forward. We all turned around slamming the door. Walkers were pushing back at it. "Grab the couch." Michonne pushed it over blocking the door and I watched as Ron and Carl ran upstairs looking for more blockage. "It sounded like a fight in there Leah. What happened?" I sighed telling them the same story Carl had told them.

Judith began to cry forcing Dad to go upstairs and I stayed down holding the door with Jessie and Michonne. "They're breaking through." I whispered. Michonne agreed, "where's your dad." I turned towards the stairs, "DAD." As soon as he saw the door he came sprinting down. "There's too many of them." I nodded, "I think we need to go upstairs dad." He sighed, "everybody upstairs NOW." I grabbed the one end of the couch with Michonne as walkers began squeezing in and we dragged it onto the steps. "I got the first walker, you get the next Leah." I watched as he stabbed one dragging it up the stairs. I groaned holding up my arm about to stab it but Michonne grabbed her sword pushing it through the walkers head. "You do need to rest that arm it's going to get infected." I stepped back as she pulled her walker up the stairs. "Knife Leah." Dad ordered I passed him my knife watching as he cut open the two of them. "It's time." Dad whispered.