Chapter 63

Dad pulled into the saviours compound, with all the rest of the cars lining up behind us. "Remember what I said. You don't leave my side."

I followed him out of the RV hiding behind the shields on the cars. Enid came and stood beside me and I gave her a small smile. Dad held his gun up, once everyone was in position and fired one shot. I lifted my arm doing the same, followed by everyone else.

I bit my lip staring between the cracks in the shields as Negan stepped out. "I'm sorry. I was in a meeting. So I'm not exactly feeling a reason to throw lead at each other. I care about my people, I don't want to march them into a line of fire, because you want to play my dick is bigger than yours. I wouldn't let my people die over that shit, like your about to." I gripped my gun tighter. "So Rick what can I do for you." Dad stepped forward, "Dwight, you're Simon, Gavin. Listen you five, the saviours inside all of you have a chance to survive here. You can all live if you surrender. Can't guarantee it anytime but now."

Negan laughed, "so they surrender and you and your piss control don't kill them. What about me Rick?" Dad shrugged, "I told you twice, you know what's going to happen." Negan smiled, "I do. But you don't, you have no idea the shit that's about to go down. You think you have the numbers for this shit? You don't."

I watched as Gregory was pulled out from the saviours compound. "The Hilltop stands with Negan and the saviours. If you want a home to back to, go home now." Maggie looked around then yelled back, "doesn't look like anyone's leaving, does it?"

"The Hilltop stands with Maggie." Jesus hollered. I watched as Simon grabbed Gregory and threw him down the stairs and I cocked my gun ready to aim. "Sounds like shit is going down Rick." Dad shook his head, "you lieutenants, this is the last chance. Are you guys gonna make me count? Okay, okay. I'm counting, ten..nine...eight.. seven... On seven I watched Dad lift his gun up and I did the same firing up at their stand.

Soon after everyone was doing the same, I went for every window I could find. "NOW." Maggie yelled. I followed Dad behind a car. "You ready?" He asked. I grabbed onto him as he pressed the button to set off the bomb off inside the RV. I closed my eyes as he pushed us both to the ground holding on tightly. My ears were ringing and it took me several blinks to focus again. Dad grabbed my arm pulling me up pointing to where we saw Negan.

He climbed in and was hiding behind a piece of blown metal. "Dad we've got to go, there's walkers coming." He didn't listen I watched as Gabriel ran over and grabbed onto Dads shoulder, "Rick we've got to go. Remember this isn't about you. Get Leah home."

Dad turned his gun running towards the truck. I followed him climbing into the passenger seat.
I ducked down as bullets were still flying towards us. We pulled over where everyone else had and I stayed in the car as Dad began to get out. "You coming?" I shook my head, "I'm alright here." He sighed, "Daryls over there, you haven't seen him since the kingdom. Come on."

I hesitantly opened my door stepping out. "How you doing kid?" Daryl asked pulling me into his arms. I closed my eyes, "I'm fine." He nodded, "I'm sorry about that boy. If I had known I wouldn't have left you there." I sighed, "it's over. But they're gonna pay, and I'm gonna make sure of it." Daryl let go, "I'll be right there with ya." He then turned to Dad, "you alright?" He laughed, "this isn't about me, lets go."

Dad put his arm around my shoulder, "you ready for the next compound?" I bit my lip, "I'm ready." We all gathered in the forests and I watched as a girl from the kingdom held up her bow firing an arrow into one of the guards heads. Dad then began sprinting with Daryl and I behind him towards the gate.

Once we were inside we separated from Daryl. I followed Dad down a long hallway holding my gun up high. He softly kicked open a door leading us into different bedrooms. I was just turning my head when I someone's hands tightly grip my shoulder throwing me down onto the ground. I looked up at the same time as this mans fist connected with my face making me gasp for air. I saw Dad charge at the man knocking over shelves sending things flying everywhere I stood up at the same time Dad threw the man onto a hook hanging from the wall. I looked away using the desk in the room to steady myself. "Are you good to keep going?" I nodded tightening my grip on the gun. "Alright, stay close."