Chapter 114

When he finally let go I pushed myself back up. "I wanna hear what Judith has to tell me." Daryl took a deep breath, "it's heavy. You sure?" I nodded, "so were the hundreds of rocks that collapsed on me, I'll be fine." He scoffed, "too soon."

A minute later I heard Judith walk back into the room with the walkie by her side. "Hello," I clicked into it. "Who is this?" Michonne asked. I squeezed my eyes shut, "Michonne, it's Leah. It's Leah I'm alive. I made it out." I could hear her let out a relieved sigh, "it's really you?" I let out a small laugh, "it's me I promise." After a long pause I could tell she was as crying. "Leah. I found something. It could be nothing, I don't know what it means, but I think it's important." I bit my lip, "What is it?" She let out a small sigh, "I think it was your dads." This made me sit up straight, "Michonne. Where the hell are you?"

Daryl put his hand on my shoulder and I brushed it off. "I was at Oceanside, but then I helped this man, sail back home to his family. And that's where I found it." I wanted to throw the walkie, "what is it," I asked for a second time. "Its his boots. And his phone, it has a picture carved into it. It's me, you and Judith." I set the walkie down, trying to focus on breathing. "This doesn't mean anything." I spat. "He's dead, it's taken me years to accept this. I don't understand...." Daryl grabbed the walker, "we're done. She just needs a minute." Judith stared at me, "aren't you happy?" I closed my eyes, "Daryls right. I just need a minute. Please Judith." She squeezed my hand and left the room and for a second time I burst out in tears. "He can't be alive. He would have came back for us." Daryl clicked the walkie, "we'll catch up later. Leah just got back... she needs some time." Michonne answered, "yes of course. I'll let you guys know if I find anything else."

"This isn't real," I whispered. Daryl leaned forward grabbing both my arms, "yes it is. Leah I need you to look at me. You're safe now, you're with us." I met his eyes, "Dad can't be alive still. That's not possible." Daryl nodded, "I've seen it all. I thought you were dead." I scoffed, "that's different and you know it." He sighed, "Alphas dead. Negan killed her." I looked down at my hands, "can you just leave me alone for a moment." He stood up about to leave, but I stopped him. "Where are we?" He pointed at the window, "a hospital."

I put my hand over my mouth as he left the room crying into it. He couldn't be alive, if he was why hadn't he come back for me. It's been five years, if he was alive when he left the boots and phone, there's nothing saying he still is. The door opened and I didn't bother to wipe my tears it was only Negan. "Get the fuck out," I whispered. He shook his head, "I'm sorry." I closed my eyes taking shaky breaths, ignoring him. "You can hit me if you want. Lydia did." I put my head in my hands, "what do you want?" He shrugged, "to make sure you're all right." I scoffed, "no of course I'm not. I barely survived getting trapped in a cave, and when I make it out they're telling me my dads alive." He nodded, "I hope you know I had to leave you there." I turned away looking out the window, "sure."

I tried to stand up and when I finally got my body to cooperate I wiped off a dusty mirror staring at myself. I looked awful. Slowly I made my way to the door, there was a main hall where almost everyone was gathered. "Leah," Magna whispered wrapping her arms around me. I held on taking a deep breath. She pushed her forehead against mine, "we made it." I looked at everyone around the room and stopped when my eyes landed on Carol.

I didn't want to be this angry with her but I was. "Yumiko already punched her," Magna whispered. I nodded, I didn't want to hit her, but I expected some sort of apology. I caught her staring at me and she looked alway immediately. "Is there nothing you have to say to me?" I asked. Carol shook her head, "begging for your forgiveness won't change anything." I scoffed, "do you have ANY idea what it was like down there. I don't want you to beg for my forgiveness. BUT ACKNOWLEDGE ME GOD DAMNIT. THAT WAS YOUR FAULT. WE ALMOST DIED BECAUSE OF YOU. WHILE YOU WERE OUT HERE ALIVE, WE WERE FIGHTING JUST TO MAKE IT OUT ALIVE, AND MY GOD YOU CANT EVEN LOOK AT ME. What was the plan force yourself to move on, and forget? The least you could do is go deep down inside your pathetic self and find a half assed apology. You have no idea how hard we fought to make it out of there, and you aren't the only god damn person in the world who's lost someone Carol."

Daryl stepped in front of me, "let's go back to your room." I shook my head, "I'll go back when I want to go back. She's so fucking oblivious." Judith sat down beside me, putting her arms around my neck and I pulled RJ into my lap. Magna gave me a small nod like she agreed with everything I just said. "Are you hurt Leah?" RJ asked. I gave him a small smile, "a little. But you know what would help?" He shook his head. "Kiss it better for me." RJ smiled pressing his lips against my shoulder and then the cuts covering my face. "All better," Judith smiled.

Lydia came and sat across from us at the table, and it looked like she had just been crying. "You upset about your mom?" I asked. She shrugged, "I shouldn't be." I reached around RJ squeezing her hand, "you can be sad and angry about whatever the hell you want." She gave me a half smile, "I'm happy you made it out." Judith agreed, "when they told me I couldn't stop crying. I wasn't brave like you would've been." I shook my head, "what are you talking about. I cry all the time, hell I cried when I thought about not making it back to you guys." She rested her head on my shoulder, "I love you. Enough for me, Dad, Mom and Carl." I put my chin on top of her head, "who told you that one?" She pointed at Daryl, "he said you would like to hear that." I smiled, "thank you."