Chapter 141

Daryl was right I had a few good days and a few days where I could barely move without getting sick. Days where I let the bad thoughts suffocate me until I was just on the brink of ripping out all these cords and finding the closest bottle. Other days I considered sneaking out of my room and stealing a few pills from some other patient. I had these thoughts but I never actually followed through. Throughout the nights I would usually wake up a handful of times, some nights I was drowning in sweat, and others I felt as if someone dropped me on the top of a mountain completely naked, and let me slowly freeze to death.

Most days Daryl would come and sit by my bed after his shift, but often I would start to worry about Judith and RJ and send him to go check on them. He rubbed my back and held my hair anytime I was sick. Passed me tissues when I'd cry, and hold my hand when I was scared. He did everything my dad would've done for me.

I turned my head as my door was pushed open, I couldn't help but smiled as Judith walked in. "Hey," I smiled sitting up. "Hi Leah," she wrapped her arms around me and I held onto her tightly. "Are you feeling better?" I slowly nodded, "yes, I'm excited to come back home." She agreed, "me too. I snuck out of class to come here." I smiled, "did you really?" She laughed, "no, just wanted to see what you'd say." I lightly hit her, "I've never been much for rules anyway." She sat back beside me on the bed, "I missed you a lot." I nodded, "Im sorry, believe me I want to be home." She looked around the room, "Daryl said you were sick, are you almost better now?" I slowly nodded, "I think so." The door opened again, and this time Daryl was there holding RJ's hand. "Hey buddy," I smiled as he climbed up onto the bed. "Thought you'd like the company," Daryl smiled giving me a quick hug.

This was the one day where I really felt did feel happy, I wasn't thinking about anything that I usually did. Instead I was reminded about how lucky I was to have them in my life.

A few days later I heard a knock at the door, a doctor walking in and smiled at me. "It's nice to meet you." I watched as he set up his station beside my bed, and sat down. "I'm Yumiko's brother." This caught my attention, "you are?" He smiled, "she's told me lots about you. Magna asked me to personally give you your psych evaluation." I nodded, "well if you've heard lots about me then I'm assuming you're not going to give me a good evaluation." He shook his head, "you've come a far way from when you were admitted." I sighed, "I'm trying." He smiled, "you're doing good. I'm prepared to give you the green light, as long as you're ready for it." I nodded, "I think so. I know I want nothing more to get out of this room." He looked around, "it is a gloomy room. I'm going to give you a chance." I smiled, "I won't fuck it up." He nodded, "alright, a nurse will be with you shortly, do us all a favour and shower before you go home." I couldn't but help but laugh at that, he wasn't wrong I hadn't showered in over a week, mostly because I still had all these wires connected to me, and frankly showering wasn't the most important thing on my mind.

A nurse did come in shortly after, she helped me stand up until I got comfortable standing again. I then opened the bathroom door and turned on the shower. I slowly took my braid out thankful that my hair wasn't completely knotted. I turned the water up until it was almost at max heat and stepped in enjoying the feeling as the water bounced off my body. When I felt clean enough I wiped the mirror off staring back at myself. I didn't want to end up back here, I didn't want to let Maggie have that hold over me.

I smiled when I saw a fresh pair of clothes on the bed and quickly put them on. "Just the girl I was looking for." I turned to see Mercer standing in the doorway. "I'm cleared to come back." He nodded, "can you start now?" I smiled, "count me in." He helped me pack up most of my room, "we're going to your home." I stopped moving, "Alexandria?" He nodded, "is that alright?" I bit my lip, "yes. Of course."