Chapter 49

I sat up realizing I was now in my room, when I looked over I saw Carl was still asleep. I looked out the window deciding to lay back down pulling the blankets up to block out the light. The thought of getting up made me feel as if something was crushing me. "Leah," Carl whispered. "I know you're awake."

I felt the bed sink down as he sat on the edge. "I don't want to get up." He set his hand down on my shoulder, "if you don't want to do it for you, do it for me, please" I sighed, "I don't feel good, just leave me alone." Carl pulled my blankets off, "that's bullshit and you know it." My frustration was catching up with me, I hid my face in my pillow biting back tears. "Leah, I think they're here." I shook my head, "who's here?" He looked out our window, "Negan, and his men."

"They're in the infirmary, Leah where's my gun?" I sat up, "Carl you don't need your gun." I watched as he put the gun in his back pocket and took off down the stairs. The crushing feeling left the only thing I could think about was Carl. I grabbed my sweater and chased after him all the way down to the infirmary, on the way I noticed saviours carrying beds and chairs out of homes.

I kicked open the infirmary door and saw Carl holding his gun up to two saviours. "Carl, put it down." He shook his head, "they're taking all of the medicine." I looked at the men, "Negan said half." The one laughed stepping towards me, "you say another word little girl and you'll be coming with us too." Carl shot the gun inches away from this mans head. "Don't ever talk to my sister again, and put it back, or the next one goes in you." I turned my head as Dad, and Negan ran in behind us.

"Carl, you need to put it down," Dad whispered. Carl shook his head, "No he's taking all our medicine." Negan laughed, "really kid?" Carl nodded, "you should go before you find out how dangerous we really are." Negan raised his eyebrows, "There's no threatening us, listen I like you two, which means I don't want to prove how serious I am. But there's no threatening me. Half is what I say it is. Don't make me use your sister as an example, don't make me prove a point." Carl looked at me and I shook my head. He handed the gun over coming to stand beside me. Negan then turned to Dad, "this little outburst reminded me that you have a shitload of guns. I'm going to need them all. Lead the way." I watched as they walked towards the armoury and once they were out of sight I began walking home. "Leah." Carl called from behind me. "No Carl don't talk to me right now. I told you I didn't want to get up, I told you I didn't feel good. You did that to prove what exactly? We're not winning this, and threatening his men is just plain stupid."

Carl sighed sitting down beside me on the steps. "Look I'm sorry." I put my head in my hands, "I just want them gone, I want to go home and go back to my bed." He put his arm around my shoulder, "don't let them make you feel that way. We've been through worse." I shook my head, "I don't think we have, and it's just going to keep getting worse." He nodded, "maybe it will, but it might not. You're not known for giving up, remember? You're one of the strongest people here." I smiled, "stronger than you?" He rolled his eyes, "if it helps you sleep at night, then yes." I sighed, "I'm not giving up, I'm just tired."

"You two, church now." I looked up as Dad walked up to us. "I'll go for Leah, she doesn't feel good." Dad raised his eyebrow sending Carl away. "Look we're missing two guns. Leah if you know where they are this is not the time to lie. He'll kill Olivia." I shook my head, "I don't have any guns." He nodded, "if I find out your lying.." I scoffed, "you're gonna what?" He simply shook his head turning away, walking towards the church.

I continued sitting on the porch until I saw Daryl. I stood up starting to run towards him. I came to a stop as he held up his hand, "walk away Leah." I stared at him confused until Negan came up from behind me. "Did you not hear our little Daryl rule?" I shook my head not saying anything. "Well then you won't get punished, this time." I looked up at him still not responding. "You don't talk much, do ya girly." He twisted Lucille in his hand, "what is it? Don't like me much? Was it because I almost had daddy chop your little arm off." I scoffed, "do you always ask stupid questions?" He laughed, "are you always so pleasant? Now tell me why I'm the one standing here holding the bat that killed your people and yet you're still speaking to me like that." I shook my head, "what do you want me to say to you?" Negan laughed, "I want you to get down on your knees and thank me. Thank me for not blowing your brains out right here right now." I glared at him, "why don't you?" He smiled, "that what you want kid?" I shrugged, "is that what you want?" Negan put a hand on my shoulder, "no it ain't because I like you kid. I'll give you a pass this time because you're clearly not coping well." I gave him a small nod walking back to my house slamming the door behind me.