Chapter 46

I held my gun up in front of me, and Daryl held his finger up to his mouth pointing in front of us. I saw Glenn and Michonne tied up and gagged. I covered my mouth trying not to breathe to loud. "Hi Daryl," a voice whispered from behind us. I spun around to see Dwight pointing a gun at him. I jumped to the side as he shot it, and a bullet went though Daryls arm. "Don't move girl." Dwight warned me. I put my hands up.

We were lined up on the ground I kept looking at Daryl to check that he was still breathing. As night fell Dwight opened up the back doors of a van. "Get in. All of you." I was pulled up off the ground first, and thrown into the van. Glenn was next then Daryl, Michonne and Rosita. I looked down at my tied hands, trying to steady my breaths. I was pushed back as the van started moving. "We're gonna be okay," Glenn whispered into my ear. I turned to look at him shaking my head, "you don't think I'm that stupid do you? We're not going to be alright." Daryl grunted, "you shouldn't have come out here Leah." Michonne looked over at me then back down at her feet.

When we came to a complete stop I turned to look at Glenn, he gave me a small nod, which I returned. A light blinded me as the van doors were opened. My eyes widened when I saw Dad and Carl on their knees, Maggie, Sasha, Abraham and Aaron were with them. Dwight grabbed my arm throwing me down onto the ground.

"Well we got a full bus, let's meet the man." A saviour named Simon smiled. He banged on the side of an RV and a few minutes later a man holding a wooden baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire stepped out, "we pissing our pants yet, boy do I have a feeling we're getting close. Which one of you pricks is the leader." I watched as Simon pointed out my father. "Hi your Rick right? I'm Negan and I do not appreciate you killing my people. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But you'll be up to speed shortly. You're gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. This is the new world order, give me your shit or I will kill you." I closed my eyes as Negan got closer to my father. "You work for me now, you have shit you give it to me. You are not safe, not even close. What I want is half your shit, this is your way of life now. So if I knock on your door, you let us in. We own that door, you try to stop us and we will knock it down. Understand?" Negan asked bending down to my father. "You didn't think you would get through this without being punished did you? I want you to work for me, you can't do that if your dead can you? But you killed my people, a whole damn lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. So now I'm going to beat the holy hell out of one of you." I tried to swallow but I couldn't my entire body froze, Jesus' words played back in my head, "he beat a kid about Leahs age to death." I bit my lip staring at his bat as he continued to speak. "This is Lucille, and she is awesome." He introduced his bat. Negan stopped in front of Carl, "you got one of our guns, you got a lot of them. Shit kid, lighten up, at least cry a little." Negan laughed then stood over Maggie. "Jesus you look shitty. I should put you out of your misery now." I felt Glenn stand up beside me, "No. NO."

Three of Negans men grabbed him throwing him back down onto line. "All right listen. Don't any of you do that again, I will shut that shit down no exceptions. First ones free it's an emotional moment I get it. Sucks don't it? The moment you realize you don't know shit." Negan stared at Dad for a moment, then turned to look at Carl then me. "These your kids aren't they? They're definitely your kids." Dad shook his head, "Just stop this." Negan scoffed, "DO NOT make me kill your little future serial killers, don't make it easy on me. I gotta pick somebody." I bit my lip as he smiled standing over top of me. "Looks like someone got you good recently, what do you say, up for round two?" I looked down at the ground trying to keep myself from shaking. Negan hummed, "I simply can't decide, I got an idea."

He walked towards Dad, then began making his way down the line, "Einey, meenie, miney, mo, catch the tiger, by the toe, if he hollers let him go, einey, meenie, miney, mo. My mother said pick the very best one... you are it."