Chapter 93

Connie led us to a tall building which looked to have several levels. I watched as she pulled out her notepad. Chokepoint.

She led us into the building walking up the flights of stairs until we got to a level quite a bit off the ground. "I'll look around," I whispered pulling out my knife. Daryl nodded, "meet back here."

I grabbed my knife slowly checking out the layout. The building wasn't completely finished yet I saw curtains hanging up and loose floor boards. "Where's Henry and Lydia?" I asked. Daryl shrugged, "I'll go grab him." I nodded, walking outside and looking down the ledge too see if any walkers were close. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Connie behind me holding up a piece of paper. Thank you for having my back, helping me save that baby."

I gave her a small smile, "you're welcome." I looked behind her as Daryl walked up with Lydia and Henry behind him. He pointed to where I was. "You kids go stand where Leah is, let us know if you see anything."

I switched places with them looking at the two staircases the whisperers could come up from. "I see something." Henry whispered. Carefully I walked back out to the balcony peering down as a group of walkers did pull out of the forest. Daryl grabbed Lydia hiding her in a storage closet and I hid behind a wall holding my machete up.

As soon as the first door was kicked open I lunged forward pushing the blade through their chest. Another one jumped at me and I quickly took him out too. As a woman ran up behind me Henry used his stick knocking her down and I took a deep breath when I realized she was dead.

I looked up to see Connie and three coming up on her. Immediately I rushed forward standing by her side, one threw a knife and I put my hands on her shoulder bringing her down with me, and we both stood up pushing our blades into two of them, but I watched as the third spun around stabbing his blade into Henry's leg. When I saw him fall I ran towards the man immediately killing him and kneeling down to Henry, and I watched as Lydia sprinted towards us. "Leah, is it bad?" He asked holding onto it. There was blood pouring out of it steadily. I took off my shirt leaving only a sports bra on and wrapped it tightly around the wound. "You're Henry, you're going to be just fine." I stood up, "I'm going to find Daryl. Lydia you stay with him. Don't move. Understand?" She nodded looking up at me shyly, and I took off towards the curtain. As soon as I pulled it open I saw Daryl on the ground and Beta over top of him.

I raised my blade, stepping towards him, as I was about to swing Beta knelt down grabbing a pipe off the ground crashing it into my face, my hand released the machete and I fell back a few steps feeling blood fall down my face. As he was about to swing again I watched Daryl sneak up behind him charging, I dove out of the way and Daryl crashed into Beta so hard I watched as he fell down a long hole where an elevator was meant to be.

When I heard a crash I let out a breath of relief, and I grabbed Daryls hand as he held it out for me. I pressed my fingers against the cut that lined my forehead. "Henry's hurt." I whispered beginning to walk towards him. Daryl nodded, "we've got to get out of here."

When we got back to the three of them, I mouthed to Connie, "We need to distract the walkers. Shoot something down at one of the cars." She nodded and I held my hand out to Henry. "Where are we taking him?" I asked. Daryl shrugged, "Alexandria, it's the closest. We'll get you and Henry stitched up there and then leave." I shook my head, "I'm not getting stitches. And what's the plan after Alexandria. Michonne would never let Lydia stay." Daryl sighed, "we'll keep going. I heard there's a whole world out there."