Chapter 52

Negan leaned back turning back to Carl, "all jokes aside you look rad as hell. It may not be a hit with the ladies but I swear no one is gonna screw with you looking like that. No sir."

I turned as I heard a knock on the door and watched as a man walked in carrying Negans bat, Lucille. "You left this down by the truck Sir." Negan smiled, "really? I never do that. Two kids holding machine guns must have distracted me. Anyway, were you gentle? Did you treat her like a lady. Did you pet her little pussy like a lady." I kept my head down, trying to think of any way of out of this situation. I heard Negan laugh, "I'm just joking with you, a bat doesn't have a pussy. Get the hell out. You see Carl men breaking each other's balls, your dads supposed to teach you this. You like music Leah?" I shook my head, "No." He nodded, "sing me a song then Carl." Carl looked up at him, "what?" Negan raised his eyebrow, "do it Carl. You wouldn't want to see Lucille vs Leah would you?" I put my head in my hands, as Carl began to whisper out a song mom used to sing to us as we were little.

Negan sat down beside us, "your mom used to sing that to you? Where is your mom?" I glared at Negan and Carl shook his head. "She's dead huh? You two see it?" Carl looked at me, "Leah shot her, before she could turn." Negan turned to me, "jesus christ. You really are a badass. A little serial killer in the making."

I raised my eyebrow still staring at him, and he smiled, "a stare like that, you'll have no trouble with the iron. Let's go kids." We walked back down the main part of the warehouse again and I saw a man who was tied up in a chair. We stood up on the ledge again and Negan looked down at everyone, "you all know the drill, this is going to be hard to watch. I wish I could let it slide but I can't. Why?" I listened as everyone below answered, "the rules keep us alive." Negan nodded, "that's right."

"On your feet everyone." He ordered. Negan then led Carl and I down in front of a burning furnace. Negan put on a glove and I watched as Dwight dipped the iron in the furnace and then handed it over to Negan. "Mark... I'm sorry. But it is what it is." Negan stepped forward and pressed the iron up against this mans face. His screams filled the room and I looked anywhere but his face. I caught eyes with Daryl again and this time he held my glance. He was trying to keep me from seeing what was happening. I felt for Carl's hand beside mine giving it a quick squeeze.

When the screams had stopped I looked at the man to see he had passed out. "Doc, I'm all done do your thing." He then turned to everyone else in the room as the doctor rushed forward attending to Mark. "Let this be a reminder to everyone that the rules matter. I hope we all learned something today because I don't want to have to do that again." Negan then leaned down to us and whispered, "that's some crazy shit, you probably think I'm a lunatic. Let's go figure what to do with you guys now."

Negan sat us back down in his room and pulled out a book writing in it. I sat there quietly only looking up when I heard Carl speak, "can I wrap my face up now?" Negan smiled, "no you absolutely can not." Carl threw his arms up, "why the hell not?" Negan set his book down, "look at this badass, because I'm not done with you. I like looking at your badass eye, so it's staying out. You got something to say?" Carl nodded, "why haven't you killed me or Leah? Or even dad or Daryl?" Negan shrugged, "your dad is getting me great stuff, Daryl is going to be a good soldier for me. Now you two, it'll be more productive to break one of you, more fun too. See I'm leaning towards Leah. You're just so quiet, so unpredictable. I almost made your daddy cut your arm off and you barely flinched. Now that's intriguing." I took a deep breath, "that's stupid." He nodded, "Leah you're a smart girl, you know I can't let you go. So tell me do I beat you, iron your face, kill you? Tell me. What do you think." Carl stood up, "I think you should jump out the window because it will save me the trouble of killing you." Negan scoffed, "now there's the kid that impressed the hell out of me. Maybe your right. Let's go for a ride kids."