20. Ache (Thatch x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Howell-planter - Twitter

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by DuwangTime

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Kind
✏︎In denial of her feelings
✏︎Easily flustered
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

You've known each other for years. It's been years you've joined Whitebeard Pirates. Years you've joined under the commander of the 4th division, the culinary chef of the fleet. Years you've been by his side. Working under him ;Thatch.

Newly, you started watching him work and walk around the ship from a new spot; you always we're in the exact same spot since forever before. You simply wanted to change your routine. Right? Recently, you felt your cheeks warm up when he asked you and only you to come to help him in the kitchen. It was a natural reaction of pride to be trusted. Right?

That morning you were in your new predilection spot, observing your commander from far away. There really was something mysterious about this man. Not only was his haircut but it seemed that behind his kind and friendly facade there was something much deeper; a sincerity, an inspiring self-righteousness. He was always true to himself no matter what. He was simply inspiring.

You heard heels banging on the wooden planks coming closer to finally feel someone breath on your neck, followed by a teasing laugh. You turned around calmly, used to this. You turned around to face the one and only confidant by excellence on this ship; Daisuke. He was a real joker; forever fooling around yet his arms were always opened to give some hugs. That man had a tremendously big and beautiful heart.

He winked. "You really do like the commander to look at him with those eyes, huh?"

This made you gulped awkwardly, leading you to coughed on your own saliva. "Whoa there," exclaimed your companion while patting your back.

"Don't be silly!" you finally said when you regained your breath."Oh please (y/n), you're not seeing the looks you give him."

"What about them?" you asked dubiously.

"Well, you (e/c) literally start to sparkle while your cheeks get pink."

You shrugged. "It's warm outside lately. Light reflects on the ocean. Sun burns my skin. I ran out of sun cream. My skin is quite fragile, you know?"

It visibly took him a moment to assimilate your words. When he did..."(y/n), I swear to God! You two are very friendly," he leaned closer, "just friendly?"

You faced him and let your glance go from his head to his cowboy leather boots, a frown slowly appearing on your face. "It's a friendly complicity. That is all. We're close friends."

In a split moment, Daisuke got calm, almost stern. "I'm not eating that shit-talking."

"S-Sorry."

He got very closed, his blues orbs staring into yours. "Listen, I won't beat around the bush. You two are getting more and more intimate, touching one another when you two discuss alone, tapping shoulders, etc. You both observe one another and the eyes you have when you look at him...I'd give anything to have someone to look at me with those sparkles in their eyes."