16. Boum boum POW (Benn Beckman x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist: Chiasa96 - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by theastroworld

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Kind
✏︎Brave

I have absolutely no excuses for this crappy title.
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Eyes closed, you breathed in slowly, as your hands grabbed your ankles firmly as you were sitting cross-legged, alone on the deck. Breath out. Your respiration was rhythmic, calm. You were peaceful within your bubble of relaxation.

In this early morning, you were, as always the only one up within the Red Hair Pirates, an infamous and powerful pirate crew ruling in the New World, the captain is no one else than Red-Haired Shanks himself, one of the Four Emperors of the Sea.

Last evening, the ship was, let's say, partying quite a bit. With that naturally come alcohol! You, on the other sid, aren't a big drinker, sure you were indeed taking a shot here and there but never much and an early person, so there you were, meditating to yourself. You were so much focused on your breathing that you didn't heared footsteps getting closer so when an hand came in delicate contact with your shoulder, you jumped around and aimed with your punch without a second thought. The individual grabbed your punch with an incredible ease. "Benn, I'm so sorry!"

"And that's what I get when I'm trying to be romantic for once," he said, giggling, as he let go of your hand. You looked down, a feeling of guilt stuck within you, "I'm sorry."

The tall fifty year old Benn Beckman was the one and only man you attempted to attack. The first mate of the captain. Smoking his cigarette, his slick back hair that were turning gray with time, he looked at you affectionately. How long has it been? Oh yeah, 10 years. It's been a decade since you started frequenting each other. Time was passing by so fast. You yourself wasn't very young anymore. Your (h/l) hair that used to be so brightly (h/c) were now grizzling as more and more wrinkles started appearing. Some women would be affected by it but for you each of these wrinkles were proof of how many things you went through : they were precious. Yes the crew, as you were the only woman always made sure to not make any remark about it but even if they did, you wouldn't bother. Everyone age up, why being embarassed?

"Will you frogive me for my so very weak attack?" He pretended to think, scratching his chin. "Do you deserve it?"He leaned closer and once the man was close enough you took hold of his cigarette to bring it to your mouth. Benn shook his head. "Thief."

"But you love that thief, don't you?"

On that, you catched some other footsteps getting near by to eventually see Yasopp appear, a coffee in hand. Warm beverage that he gave to you. "Thanks", you said as you took the drink. Benn decided this was a good time for him to get his cigarette back. Once your mouth free of any obstacles, you took a sip. "Have you been up for long?"

"30 minutes more or less. I saw you meditate, didn't want to bother you."

"Well thanks for the coffee."

"Anything for our favorite caffeine addict!" It was true that your love for coffee was undeniable. The light brown haired man look at the water. "So how are things going out there at the sea?"

"Peaceful though I did receive some news papers from the seagull," you informed as you pointed at the papers on the dock, few inches away, "plus a new bounty for your son." Yasopp's eyes brighten up as he ran to the news papers and started leafing through it vigorously, searching for the source of his interest. He observed it happily for a moment and then the light in his eyes changed into sadness. "I'm such a bad dad, never been there for the lilttle guy. What did I expect? I was a pirate, of course I wouldn't be around."

You and Beckman shared a concerned glance. He was feeling bad about all of this but what could you even do or say to hep him? Nothing. As always you could just tell him it was alright. It wasn't doing much, you knew it and it was painful for you to see him so negative. "Hey, Yassop, would playing cards a bit help you change your mind?" He looked at you, no emotion appearing on his face for few seconds until he finally smiled. "Yeah."

"Let's do that then."

★。\|/。★
Some time later
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

Installed on the dock, sitting on the floor you were now going through the third game ; Yasopp won the first, you the second.

"Bam!"

And another one for Yasopp.

Few hours passed by like that until Beckman gave up on winning one game.

Cards put away, Yasopp distracted of his previous depressing emotions, your mission was completed.

As you were looking at the sea, a warm arm came around your shoulder. "Oh? No attack this time?"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I've blocked so bad on how to begin, I couldn't decide on what relation she had with the other members of the crew, if she would or not be a pirate (because surprise suprise it's no obligation) and etc. I just hope it didn't end up being a catastrophe!

Also is it just me or people hardly agree on how to write his name? Ben or Benn? I picked one and that's it!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are temporarily closed

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Eustass Kid x Shy!Kind!Female!Reader
➢Ace x Grim Reaper!Mysterious!Female!Reader
➢Doflamingo x Dead!KidLover!Female!Reader