9.The beginning of a fluffy love (Carrot x Male!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Oblue-birdO - tumblr

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by Anonymous

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Friendly
✏︎Somehow clumsy
✏︎Mink : rabbit

⚠️Warning⚠️
This part takes place before Carrot met the Strawhats.
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

All wet, trembling, desperately trying to warm up my body you were damning Zunesha. Twice a day, Zunesha will suck up seawater into its trunk and spray it over its back, which results in a large blast of water, referred to as an "eruption rain", pouring down from above. Even if the water also carries sea animals, which provide the Mink Tribe with food, it was a real pain. Always had to stay close to a hiding spot in case it would happen. You knew you shouldn't complain, you had everything you needed to be happy after all, but you just couldn't help it. It was a real frustration to you. Yet you couldn't say you didn't like Zou: you loved it. You grew up here surrounded by the very same people you learned to cherish as they were.

A sound coming from the foliage caught your ear. You turned around, ready to attack if necessary but you automatically relaxed your body when you saw Carrot, an old and precious friend. No, actually you felt safe when she was around. "Look at you, you're all wet!" she said with a concerned voice. You looked at yourself "Yeah I noticed that." She took a worried expression, her, caring as always. "Come on, we have to get you dry before you get really sick." You nodded and followed her.

★。\|/。★
Some time later
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

Now your fur all dry and comfortable, you were both sitting in the still humid grass. Feeling the brown eyes of Carrot on you, you glanced at her, your (e/c) meeting hers. "What is it? Do I have something stuck in my fur?" She executed a negative move with her head, giggling. "No, it's just that I was thinking about the fact that it's not rare that Zunesha gets you all wet." You looked down, embarrassed, your ears following your mood. "I know...One day she's going to make me fall off Zou."

"Don't say that! It's just that-"

"I'm the clumsiest of the Minks?" She put her hand on your shoulder, getting closer slowly. "That's not true, you're amazing. You can control yourself as a Sulong."

Sulong, a form a mink takes upon looking directly at a full moon. A form that unleashes our primal animal instincts. Yet it wasn't as simple as it seems. Without proper training to suppress feral urges, minks would lose their minds and rampage indiscriminately, putting everyone's life in danger. Controlling your very own self as a Mink was a huge challenge that most of the Tribe would never achieve. You were one of the rare and your young age made it even more impressive.

You smiled and shrug. "I guess that's right."

"Don't be so humble, it's been years that I'm trying."

"You will be able to one day." She tilted her head, a questioning expression on her face. " What? You think so? But...there's a high chance I will never achieve it. Pedro doesn't seem to be convinced and-"

"You will manage it, trust me. You know, sometimes I watch you train."

"Really? That's super embarrassing!"

"Huh? Shouldn't you be flattered? You are pretty good you know, you have great potential." She smiled shyly. "Thank you (y/n)." She seemed vulnerable, clearly not used to see her skills get complimented, that made you smile. She looks adorable. That was the first time your heartbeat got faster.

Why? You didn't know back then but with time the answer came naturally and one day the two bunny noses bumped in each other.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

We reached the 1k views! That's just amazing. A big thanks to you all!

Sorry if it was bad, inspiration just wasn't there at all

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Crocodile x Sweet!Caring!Akward!Female!Reader

So basically, now would be a pretty good moment to give me your request. If you don't recall the instructions, please go check out the first part again. Reminder: I only post if I have a request.