60. Family (Mihawk x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Juan Carlos Villoslada - Art Station

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair colour
✏︎(e/c)=eye colour

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by RianNotHere

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Calm
✏︎Smart
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

"Roh, I missed." Ambrose caterwauled as she lowered her bow with disappointment. You massaged her shoulders as you observe the result of her shot; the arrow just below the bullseye. "If that's what you call a missed shot then I don't know what is." She ever so lightly shook her head in disapproval. "I should have gotten better at it by now, mom." Ambrose Mihawk was always hard on herself, judgemental of her own capacities and it hurt you as her mother to see her being so pessimist at every failure. She was so mindset on always being perfect that she had seemed to forget that humanity itself was based on learning from failures. She was quite the opposite of her younger brother. Unlike his sister, Atlas believed he could accomplish anything on the instant. Ambrose always said the typical phrase of an insecure person ; "I'm not sure if I'm good enough yet..."

"Ambrose," you began. "Love?" The raven-haired turned around her piercing yellow eyes staring at your (e/c) ones. "What do you think I was capable of when I was your age?"

"Shooting straight with the eyes closed." You would almost feel flattered if it wasn't of the fact she was driving herself sick from comparing her abilities to yours. "That's what I could accomplish when I was 20. Not 15." You expected an eternally pessimistic response but Ambrose started to hiccup. "Spaghetti?" She nodded. "Every time I eat spaghetti. I swear we should ban this meal." She turned around. "I'm tired."

"I sure hope you are. You've been training for the whole day, barely taking breaks to eat ."

"And when I did eat you fed me Spaghetti." You laughed gently with you daughter as you heard rocks being shattered in the background. Mihawk was most likely teaching Atlas how to cut through things without contact again. "Let's see what the boys are up to, huh?" you slid an arm around her shoulders, petting it gently with the tip of your fingers. Ambrose nodded. After exiting the small woods in which mother and daughter trained, was the vast green space in which father and son did their training. Speaking of such, Atlas was indeed cutting rocks without contact. He was getting better and better at it by the day. You couldn't help but feel proud. "Come on Dad!"

"I'll hurt you if I use my actual strength."

"I'm not weak."

"Don't be so full of yourself young boy."sternly stated Mihawk as he walked closer to Atlas. "You're 11. You are very talented but young. We shall cross our swords when I'll judge you ready." He patted the boy's shoulder. "Now, put your sword away. It's getting dark." The young lad looked down, thoughtful. "Yes, father."

"Is he getting ahead of himself again?" you asked as you reached your husband's height. "As always." said said husband as he looked up into the distance, observing the children putting their weapons away in the stand. "Don't push your brother Ambrose!" The teenager turned around, mouth wide open. "He started it!"

"Liar!"

"You, liar."

And there they go again, pushing each other, hitting sharp elbows in the sides as they came back. Eventually, the youngest ended up falling over. "Hey!" Mihawk motioned himself toward them but you stopped him by sliding an arm around his. "Let them learn the hard way." After a few grunts and spins, the siblings got tired of their fight, as always, none of them bruised. "I hate you, Atlas."

"I hate you more!"

That's what they said but they would end up chatting and laughing together. "Siblingship" at its purest. "I want you two in bed at 23:00 at the latest," you declared. Brother and sister waved as they walked away, signalling they understood. Then you slid your fingers in your husband's. The aforementioned man looked at you. "What is it?" You shooked your head. "Why is this your sole response when I show you unexpected affection?" you asked as you both started walking. Mihawk stayed silent as he solidified his grasp on your fingers. "Let's go lie down. I'm exhausted."

"So Am I."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are temporarily closed!

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Caesar x Overprotective!Loyal!Strong!Creative!Smart!EasilyScared!Guardian!Female!Reader
➢Smoker x PassiveAgressive!SoftieInPrivate!Marine!Male!Reader
➢Marco x Chill!Quiet!Female!Reader (REMASTER)