32. Little whiskers (Rob Lucci x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : arsidoas - Deviantart

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by OnePieceLovePage

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Calm
✏︎Reserve

✏︎CP9 member
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*══╝

It was the end. It had to be it. Your lungs were on fire, your arms were twisted and bloody. The same red mixture was coming out of your mouth. No matter how much you spit, it kept invading your mouth. You wanted to puke, you were shaking and maybe, just maybe did you have a small chance of survival. Tears went down your cheeks. It was painful. It only was the beginning of the torture though. Dark dust kept falling on you as your opponent gave the final blow. You barely had the time to shriek out of pain before blacking out.

★。\|/。★
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

Ink leaving its trace on papers, CP9 member, Rob Lucci sighed loudly. He was a field employee, a fighter, not some sort of secretary and yet there he was, responsible for papers he postponed filling for a few weeks. He had completed half of the task when a mere low-grade soldier smashed the door open. "(l/n)-san is under emergency care!" the soldier called out.

He'd usually be annoyed, angered to know that one of his comrades lost. However, since he, himself experienced defeat against the straw hats, he got more lenient toward those who lost against known enemies. Yet, it was different. It was you and he was mad at the one that dared to hurt you in such a way. "It's (l/n)-sama for you!"

"I-yes!"

He forcefully pushed his hat on his head. "Where is she?"

"She's in the infirmary but-"

He shoved the poor lad to the side and exit the office, Hattori on his shoulder.

"We can't enter the infirmary!" completed the young man.

"Huh?" the black-haired turned around with deadly precision, his black eyes pierced through the very soul of his interlocutor. "I mean, they'll most likely let you in, sir." he stuttered. Satisfied, Rob made his way toward the infirmary. His sudden appearance made the nurses jolt. They rushed toward him, requesting him to exit the room but he black out the moment his eyes laid upon you. Pale, unmoving, plug on an oxygen machine, tubes in your nose, a pile of pills on the nightstand next to you. The view of you made his heart whimper. It happened a few times before but, as he does with the paper, shrugged it off as a mere detail. This time, he didn't. The shaky voice of an elderly nurse brought him back to reality. "Are you alright, sir?"

He coldly ignored the concern the woman expressed for him to focus on his well-being. "How long will it take for her to wake up?"

"It will probably take a few days. Maybe a few weeks. I mean, she really was in a terrible condition..."

And it did take a week or maybe even more. What you knew is that you felt stiff when you finally woke up. You looked around the infirmary bathed in the pinkish orange light of the sunset. There was a tall masculine figure who leaned toward your bed. The man's face was shoved in his hands. You just woke up so you couldn't distinguish the man's features but when you saw the silhouette of a pigeon, everything became crystal clear. It was the one and only Rob Lucci. A burst of anxiety gained control over yourself. What if he wants to get rid of me? "Lucci?" you whispered.

You were so stressed that you didn't notice his sweetening expression when his eyes fell upon your awaken figure. He did however quickly returned back to his usual stern expression. "You're finally awake."

"I'm sorry. I failed miserably." you immediately apologized.

"Your mission was to slow him down. You succeeded."

"Huh?"

He reached to grab a jug of water that was sitting on a near table. "Do you want a glass of water?" he indiscreetly changed the subject.

"Please."

You were so glad he wasn't mad you could cry of relief.

Once filled up, he gave you the glass. Your expression didn't budge and once he noticed it, he frowned strongly. "If one single tear falls down your cheek, I quit." he threatened you.

"You'd be in your right." you laughed weakly as you chugged down your drink. He took hold of the glass almost immediately and automatically refilled it in complete silence. "Is there something you want to ask me, Lucci?" You looked toward him and his gaze was surprisingly warm and this time you caught a glimpse of it. He appeared to be in his private bubble, peaceful. It made your hurt flutter but like all he other times, you shrugged it off. You really was just like him.

"Did you say something?"

"No, nothing..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

J'ose espérer que tu as apprécié ce court texte OnePieceLovePage .

It was definitely hard to justify Lucci's behaviour in this as he believes weakness to be a sin in any shape or form

It was definitely hard to justify Lucci's behaviour in this as he believes weakness to be a sin in any shape or form. I just hope I didn't make him too OOC because of that.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open!

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Cracker x Strong!Mature!Righteous!Caring!Flirtatious!Female!Reader
➢Smoker x Flirty!Demolitionist!Funny!Chaotic!Female!Reader
➢Shanks x Singer!Kind!Flirty!Female!Reader
➢Killer x Nerdy!Lively!Clumsy!Female!Reader
➢Luffy x Calm!Smiling!Kind!Discreet!Female!Reader
➢Marco x Independent!Overthinker!Bubbly!Female!Reader