13.Red wine of love (Mihawk x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : Kaigetsudo - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by anonymous

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Persistent
✏︎Calm
✏︎Attentionate
✏︎Smart
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

In the Grand Line, there was an abandoned island called Gloom Island on which you could find the Ruins of Muggy Kingdom. In the old castle near the lake of this fallen country, that certain man still lives. He is a member of the Seven Warlords of the Sea and is said to be the strongest swordman in the world. His name is Dracule Mihawk. A woman crashed in his residence two years ago. A member of the Thriller Bark Pirates. Ghost Princess Perona. Actually there was two women, Perona, yes but you as well.

In the massive cold grey dining room, sitting in one of the massive dark red chairs decorated with golden decorations, a glass of wine in hand you quickly glanced at the silent and mysterious man he was. Sipping his wine slowly and in complete silence, most people would have felt uncomfortable but being of discreet nature yourself you actually felt at ease.

What you didn't knew was that this quietness would soon disappear.

"It's ready, " a high pitched voice called out from the hallway, bursting in the room floating, her ghosts around her. She floated to the swordman, holding a plate with jam stuffed in bagels. "Do you want some?"

"No." She pouted. "What!? You're so annoying!" He moved his hand in the air, ignoring her remark. "Get rid of these ghosts." It just made her mood worse. "Hmph! No way!" She floated to a chair. "I took the trouble to do it!"

You chuckled at her childish behaviour but you couldn't help but feel warm-up by her energy. Sure it was tiring at first, she never stopped but it contrasted with Mihawk's and yours. You stood up, leaving your glass behind and walked to the ghost princess and grabbed one of the jam sandwiches, smiling at her sweetly, taking a bite. "(l/n)-san?", asked the pink-haired gal.

"It's good, thanks," you answered simply as you walked back to your place, the sandwich in hand. She started at you for a bit longer before grading back to the swordsman, pouting. "Why can't you be kind like (l/n)-san, huh!?"

His only response was a frown. "Tch!"

★。\|/。★
Some time later
(Timeskip)
★。/|\。★

Casually sitting on a rock, a journal in hand, you were around the place Mihawk was doing is everyday training. To you, that wasn't much of a physical fighter, it was fascinating to watch people his type work out. You were an observer, a sort of secret agent that brings back information to the person that promised you money in exchange. You ended up here by pure chance. You were travelling on your small boat, all alone and you saw this place. Since then you stayed there. Just like Perona, your sudden apparition didn't seem to bother the dark-haired male much, actually not at all. He was silent and appeared to like loneliness but if that was really the case, wouldn't he be irritated by your presence, even the slightest? In fact, you didn't mind it much: him not really being annoyed was a good thing for you that just wanted to get away from anyone that was willing to pay you for this filthy job of yours.

Discreetly you were watching him. He was fast and precise: intriguing. Obviously, him looking attractive was also a good thing but mostly a bonus. Without you noticing, you were smiling at yourself but clearly, this wasn't unnoticed by the man. "What are you smiling at?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing."

"Do you really think you will fool me with that?"

Lucky you, something in the newspaper caught your eyes. Something that dissipated your smile in a matter of seconds. "The world government is thinking to dissolve the Shichibukai. Did you know?"

"It was only a matter of time." He didn't even look at you to say that, as it was a simple meaningless thing, but it wasn't. "Am I wrong if I assume you're planning on leaving this place if it happens?"

"I don't see why I'd have to tell you."

It was you that was feeling annoyed. You put the newspapers away and jumped off the rock, walking to him. Surely he felt your presence growing stronger as he stopped moving, glaring at you over his shoulder. "It's rude to interrupt someone's training."

"Oh? I beg you pardon, " you said without meaning it. You kept getting closer to the tall man and only stopped once you were right in front of him. Gazing in his odd-shaped yellow eyes (red in the manga), you gulped somehow feeling intimidated but that feeling didn't stay for long. "It seems you don't realize some people have learned to care about you, Dracule Mihawk."

He sighed. "This is exactly what I feared would happen..."

"What do you mean?"

"The life I chose isn't one you can easily share with someone you love."

Love...?

He turned around, slowly reaching for you. You didn't move, you trusted him. His hand touched your cheeks warmly and delicately. "Don't bother about what will happen to me?"

"How can you even expect me to do that?"

"You will have to answer that yourself I'm afraid.."

That was the last conversation you had with him. Even to this day, you wish that your paths will meet again.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Why does this feel crappy but also very satisfying at the very same time?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬Why does this feel crappy but also very satisfying at the very same time?

We reached the 4k views! HOW COME!? Wow guys just wow, I can't thank you enough. It means a lot to me that my writing actually interests people. I know, it sounds sketchy but it's how I feel so thanks...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are open

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Mr.3 x Attractive!Shy!Female!Reader
➢Robin x Cuddly!Zoan!Female!Reader
➢Benn Beckman x Kind!Brave!Female!Reader
➢Eustass Kid x Shy!Kind!Female!Reader
➢Ace x Grim Reaper!Mysterious!Female!Reader
➢Doflamingo x Dead!KidLover!Female!Reader