52. Meow (Nami x Female!Reader)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Artist : RikaMello - DeviantArt

Here is a little helper:
✏︎(y/n)=your name
✏︎(l/n)=your last name
✏︎(h/l)=hair length
✏︎(h/c)=hair color
✏︎(e/c)=eye color

The words in italics represent thoughts.

Requested by Azureman136

Characteristics of the reader:
✏︎Naive
✏︎Anxious

✏︎Strawhat crewmember 
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Lying down in the long grass in the middle of the forest, alone, lost, trembling. How did you find yourself in this situation? The culprit? Luffy, of course. The cause? Meat. So he ran way along with the others, trying to stop him but you being a slow runner and lacking the sense of direction you, magically, found yourself in a forest. You had faced that fact for a moment now as you stared into a fawn majestuous eyes. The animal didn't budge when you approached it slowly so you assumed it was a friend.

"I'm lost. Wanna stay by my side until my friends find me?"

Yes, you were talking to a fawn, and? Get over it, you people! So as the one-sided discussion went on, a ray of sunshine sparkled through the leaves. Curious, you observed the light from its source to its end. It was focused on a purple pineapple-looking fruit with twirls everywhere. You reached to grab it, frowning, interested in the unique fruit. You handed it to the fawn who didn't even bother to sniff it. It just looked away, sighing loudly. "Woah, no need to be so fussy. I've offered you something to eat and that's how you thank me? You have behavioural problems if you ask me," you told your new friend. "Well if you don't want it, I'll take it!" You sniffed the...thing. Smells edible, looks okay. You took a bite. "Taste like peaches." you licked your lips.

Suddenly, leaves floated around as fiery orange hair stick out of the branches. This caused your picky eater of a friend to run away deep into the woods.

When the silhouette revealed itself, it happened to be your breathtaking girlfriend : Nami. "Oh my God, (y/n), I've finally found you! I'm so glad you're...okay."

She froze when she saw the eaten edible in your hands. Shakingly, pointing it.

You frowned. "What? Got something on my face?"

"Babe, it's a devil fruit!"

"Ooooooooh, so that's what they look like..." 3, 2, 1 "A WHAT!?" You reached to touch every part of your body, panicking. "AM I GONNA DIE!?"

Seeing you in such a distressed state broke her heart. She should have thought more before talking; just jumping to conclusions made you panic. "I really should have known better," she thought as she lovingly hugged you, scrubbing your back gently as you uncontrollably shook. "You'll be fine. Just forget swimming."

Your heart was pounding. Your breath was jerky. Your lungs were on fire. You had to calm down. "There is no mammoth, there is no mammoth, there is no mammoth, there is no mammoth, there is no mammoth, there is no mammoth, there is no mammoth, there is no mammoth, there is no mammoth, there is no mammoth..." Indeed, no prehistoric monster was on your heels and strangely this idea reassured you. (it's actually the sentence I use anytime I feel an anxiety attack coming. It calms me down like nothing!) "No swimming?"

"No swimming."

"Ok. Ok. I can live with that." You regained control over yourself. Your breathing pace was less and less unstable. Once soothed, you slipped out of your lover's embrace. "So, what's gonna happen now?"

You both stared at the half-eaten culprit. "I hoped you'd knew." she answered.

"What if I become a blobfish!?" you shrieked as panic bubbled up again, your throat, dry.

"Babe, you won't turn into a-."

Poof! A muzzle and whiskers! You reached to touch your transformed nose. It was soft, furry. Then your ears started to itch but they were on the top of your head! "What's going on!?"

Instead of answering you, she squealed like an excited teenager assisting to their idol's show. "You're so cute!" She pinned on herself, her fiery hair waltzing around her body. "I can't believe it! You've got the cat devil fruit!"

You ran to a nearby river and undeniably, there was a Siamese cat staring into your soul through the reflection. That's me!? "Meow?"

"HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" She grabbed you. Petting you. "We gotta show the others how adorable you are!"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cat burglar Nami. Kitty Zoan. Fitting if you ask me.

I can't stop looking at this GIF

I can't stop looking at this GIF. The animation is so smooth.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Requests are temporarily closed!

✉︎ Requests list ✉︎
➢Vivi x Loving!Caring!Male!Reader
➢Pudding x Stubborn!Funny!Female!Reader
➢Brook x Shy!Insecure!Paranoid!Smart!Anxious!Female!Reader
➢Zoro x Tomboy!Funny!UnknowinglyFlirty!Badass!Female!Reader
➢Izo x Quiet!Shy!Fashionable!Creative!Female!Reader
➢Human!Law x Serious!Cold!PassiveAgressive!Vampire!Female!Reader
➢Teacher!Katakuri x Loner!KindaSmart!Student!Female!Reader
➢Father!Mihawk x Calm!Smart!Mother!Female!Reader
➢Caesar x Overprotective!Loyal!Strong!Creative!Smart!EasilyScared!Guardian!Female!Reader
➢Smoker x PassiveAgressive!SoftieInPrivate!Marine!Male!Reader
➢Marco x Chill!Quiet!Female!Reader (REMASTER)